Mixed martial arts is getting more popular than boxing - Do you agree?

Alexandoy

Trophies
It looks like mixed martial arts is getting more popular than boxing. The audience enjoy watching the violence causing injuries to the mixed martial arts fighters. If you haven't seen UFC fights, they are more brutal than boxing. Look at boxing now with the smaller purses while the prizes for mixed martial arts are getting bigger. In UFC there is a bonus of $50k for the fight of the night and that's aside from the prize money.

Do you watch mixed martial arts or you still prefer boxing?

Boxing is the dangerous combat sports in the world today in my opinion. It's a sports for the tough hearted men and not for the chicken heart boys. Do I prefer boxing to mixed martial arts? The answer is a big yes.

I still prefer boxing over mixed martial arts. Boxing is a more disciplined sports than MMA. I don't hear anybody in mixed martial arts that won a prize that is bigger than the prize of Manny Pacquiao in boxing.

Well both sports are still dangerous in some aspect. It always give an unsure physical damages to players. But I still choose boxing since I can understand the nature of the game. The hit and points are more clear compared to mixed martial arts. I find it more confusing and I find it more violent. It feels like it has a no mercy motto while in boxing it's controlled.

I watch both and believe that each of them has their place in the sporting world. Boxing seems to be more regulated compared to mixed martial arts. On the other hand, I feel that mixed martial arts have their place in self-defense but as a sport, martial arts can be bloody and ugly.

I' d rather go for boxing really because the names asscociated with it, like our very own Manny Pacquiao are more interesting than the MMA. I've seen some of the fights in MMA and its more of the technique and luck. Unlike in boxing where both counts but the personality of the boxer himself becomes an x factor in winning the fight.

TBH i was in my teens with the likes of Mike tyson, Frank bruno, lennox lewis. The caliber of these fighters back then are in my opinion different today.

I think MMA appeals to the younger audience and properly does get more attention these days in the media.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back