Mini review: Resident Evil series 1996-2017 ranked!

Broken Shotgun

Trophies
This is just the mainline games including Shinji's remake, and I'd definitely count the Revelations games. I don't care about the other remakes, spin offs, and related media. So anyway, here goes...

Highly atmospheric. Has creepy music, and a great story. Kind of drags after the train section, and so that is why I give it a 6 out of 10. I hope Billy returns.

Preferring to consider the 2002 remake as canon, this is the best and scariest game of all time, in my opinion, along with Silent Hill 2. Really wish this had came out in 1996, but hardware was not strong enough back then. Sadly, being a scene for scene remake, some surprise elements were a little bit lost, but the graphics and eerie feel make up for it. And of course, the zombies can come back. 10 out of 10.

The best horror game after the remake. Only loses points due to the now blocky 90's graphics. Awesome story, and scares. The music is spot on. The game feels like 2 games in one with enough extras to ignite your interest again and again. The 2019 remake, while decent, cannot overcome this game whatsoever. 10/10.

3: Nemesis
A Terminator like enemy. Various zombies. A whole city to explore. Excellent story. Heart pounding music, and a beautiful tune at the end to cap it off. I'm also fond of the save room music too, as it's relaxing. 9/10 due to that nippy water puzzle near the end.

Code: Veronica
Highly underrated. Super scary. Great action. Controls feel great. The villains, while weird, are among the franchise's absolute best. 8/10.

Kind of only like this as an action game. Doesn't feel like an actual RE game anymore. The merchant is a silly character. The enemies are odd. Leon is too cocky. It's a good game, but not very scary. I consider this the start of bad RE games. The PS2 version kind of sucks. 6/10

Shite. Nah, I mean, it's still pretty good. But I don't know if it's scary enough to merit a high score. Has good co-op. I rate it slightly above RE4. 7/10.

5/10 as it's just dumb running sequences, pointlessly tedious QTE annoyances, and shooting idiots that speak some language nobody likely understands.

7: Biohazard
7/10. It's scary. Don't really like Chris' current model. The game is a rip-off of too many horror movies, but I cannot say I truly dislike it.

Revelations
6/10. Nothing much to say about it.

Revelations 2
8/10. The best game of the 2010s in my opinion. Playing as Barry is awesome. Great story. Very cool game, that has a great blend of Action Horror. Sort of feels like it copied The Last of Us a lot.

?‍♀️?‍♂️

Last edited:

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back