Microsoft to unveil new Windows later this month

microsoft-to-unveil-new-windows.jpg

Microsoft will reveal the new version of Windows later this month, the company has declared.

Expect the presentation from 1.00 pm ET on June 24.

We will create more opportunity for every Windows developer today and welcome every creator who is looking for the most innovative, new, open platform to build and distribute and monetize applications.
~Satya Nadella, Microsoft CEO.

In May, Microsoft abandoned its Windows 10X but confirmed it would incorporate some of its features into Windows 10.

We’ll keep you updated as we learn more.

I can't imagine what changes we will see, windows 10 is a well rounded product that suits my needs perfectly.

Although, I thought the same about XP so I will most likely be proven wrong!

As in, we will get news and information on Windows 11 (or whatever it's going to be called)?

Am I reading too much into Satya Nadella calling it an 'open' platform? Are they suggesting Windows is going to borrow the Linux approach and become open source? Not likely, of course, considering how much money they get from Windows licenses, but it'd be interesting if it ever did happen.

Am I reading too much into Satya Nadella calling it an 'open' platform? Are they suggesting Windows is going to borrow the Linux approach and become open source? Not likely, of course, considering how much money they get from Windows licenses, but it'd be interesting if it ever did happen.
Windows 10 was a bit of a stepping stone to such an approach to be fair.. It was a 'free upgrade' to anyone with Windows 7 or above (IIRC), and to be honest I haven't heard of any stories of pirated Windows keys being rejected despite Microsoft stating that they would be ? Unless I'm simply out of the loop on that one.

Windows 11 sounds kinda weak though, so I can't imagine they'll call it that.

Windows 10 was a bit of a stepping stone to such an approach to be fair.. It was a 'free upgrade' to anyone with Windows 7 or above (IIRC), and to be honest I haven't heard of any stories of pirated Windows keys being rejected despite Microsoft stating that they would be ? Unless I'm simply out of the loop on that one.

Windows 11 sounds kinda weak though, so I can't imagine they'll call it that.
Fair points, I can see the next Windows being another step towards openness, and they have gotten better about how they approach pirates and such, so it's not totally out of the question that they might one day go open-source, or something close to it.

We're all connected now in terms of our online presence, but sometimes I wonder if we are connected socially. :)

If it follows the same pattern, this version will be chaos junk. I'll hold out on w10 and my next one should be Linux.

Has anyone used the Windows 10 emulator on Android?

It's not quite the same as using an actual PC, obviously. Although I think it's still a cool find. You just need a USB-C to USB converter for a mouse or keyboard, unless you connect everything with Bluetooth. It's horizontal too, so you can put your phone on a stand, with right click serving as the go back button. I'm using a phone stand that looks like a blue elephant. ?

The Mint simulator is a bit more awkward for me, as the phone's screen I have is just too small. ?

Well, time for everyone to have to go out and buy new peripherals that probably won't work with the new system, right? That's one way to ruin it for me since I still have a printer I've been using for over a decade and it works just fine so I don't want to have to get a new one if the drivers can't be updated. I also have some old software that I use often and will be very unhappy if it can't work with Win 11 either!

One thing we should consider is how much more invasive will it be concerning our privacy?

IF Windows became open-source, I'd like it much more. That being said, why fix what isn't broken. They have done this multiple times over the past few decades. Vista (I believe) was the one I hated the most! At any rate, hopefully with a new version of Windows we won't be forced to install and keep unwanted apps on our PCs. That's one of the MOST annoying things about Windows to me. I, however, am looking forward to seeing what they come out with next.

I had always heard that Windows 10 was supposed to be their "last" operating system and that they would simply continually upgrade it sort of like Apple has done. It will be interesting to see their new operating system. Windows 10 has been a privacy nightmare, so it will be interesting to see if Microsoft backs off some of the more controversial features in Windows 10 or ramps them up.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back