Microsoft on Xbox Game Pass becoming a "central aspect of people's gaming lives" with data to back it up

Notorious

Trophies
C3WNknnnTJLqnbq2edurFn-970-80.jpg

Ben Decker likes to tell this one story. Xbox's head of gaming services has a group of friends from Junior High that gets together to play new Gears of War games. Well, they try to. Despite doing this for more than a decade, there's always one hold out – Kumar – who doesn't buy into the war on Sera right away. The rest of Decker's Delta Squad then needs to spend time, precious time that could be spent sawing through Locust, hassling their buddy to purchase the game, to get online, and to party up and play. That is, until Xbox Game Pass carved out the friction. Because Gears 5 was available through the subscription service from day one, the full group was able to blast through it with little consternation, and, when they were done, they had an entire library of games that could keep them playing together.

At first, I didn't know the Switch worked on a TV. I definitely don't like handhelds. I haven't played them since the Game Boy era.

They got some good stats (backed by covid keeping people in) but xbox is still in back of the line compared to PS or Switch.

I’m really loving the game pass service. The ultimate pass which includes PC games and EA play is ridiculously good value, especially for families who might have different tastes.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back