News Microsoft leaked document suggests second next-gen Xbox

Tek

Trophies
The leaked document also mentions a Lockhart profiling mode. Sources familiar with Microsoft’s Xbox plans tell The Verge that this special Lockhart mode is part of the Xbox Series X developer kit. The devkit, codenamed Dante, allows game developers to enable a special Lockhart mode that has a profile of the performance that Microsoft wants to hit with this second console. We understand that includes 7.5GB of usable RAM, a slightly underclocked CPU speed, and around 4 teraflops of GPU performance. The Xbox Series X includes 13.5GB of usable RAM, and targets 12 teraflops of GPU performance.

It's good to see that they might bring a cheaper version of the next-gen Xbox. Doesn't really interest me though as I'll be going for the PS5 and whatever their best version is (if they try to do a similar thing)

This strategy confuses me. For the first two years they will tie their first party games to the Xbone which is great for those not wanting to upgrade due to a variety of reasons, but, this next Xbox gen seems to consistently claim it is the most powerful console but it gives the impression it won't make use of it. The games still need to cater to 7 year old tech so you are only paying for eye candy and quick loading as the game is the same otherwise. I think Spencer I'd doing a good job these past few years but this is strange.

Xbox with a next gen halfway house console will be building games around the weakest SKU and building on that for the stronger model. It is not going to blow Sony away with the power if that is the plan. Take the shackles off and fight. I hope their first party studios are given time to makes the games and are not a factory to make serviceable game pass GAAS in a strict timescale. The studios have talent so I hope they are given the time.

I'm guessing this thing is gonna effectively replace the Xbox One X. Otherwise, I don't see the point in having both since it already seems like it serves the purpose of a cheaper option.

It's good to see that they might bring a cheaper version of the next-gen Xbox. Doesn't really interest me though as I'll be going for the PS5 and whatever their best version is (if they try to do a similar thing)
yea its good to have a cheaper option, i wonder if they would do the same for ps5

I am going to guess it will be a discless option catering to people who don't care about gaming in 4K? I do have a few friends like this, who hooked up a Xbox One S to their's kid's 1440p monitor or some old 1080p TV and that's all the family games on.

But I wonder just how large the market is, even worldwide, for a weaker version of a brand-spanking new generation console. Sony seems to be going about this right from both a development and marketing perspective: same console, just one has a UHD blu ray drive and one doesn't.

I suppose now people can get their hands on a cheaper next-gen console but if it was me I'd probably go for the one with the better specs, after all it's next-gen and you'd want to experience all the nice fancy new features it will support.

ill prob just get the cheaper version till the price drops im not too fussed about the 4k experience

yea its good to have a cheaper option, i wonder if they would do the same for ps5
I'm not sure if the PS5 will bring a less powerful version but they have confirmed the digital disc-less version which will be cheaper than the normal PS5.

I'm not sure if the PS5 will bring a less powerful version but they have confirmed the digital disc-less version which will be cheaper than the normal PS5.
yea thats what i meant thou i prefer all mine digital anyway so the discless will do

It seems like Microsoft is feeling threatened with the PS success even before the release. And they must be working on something that can beat the console device that can give them competitive edge. I think we have to wait and see for their new changes and also if any new console that may make any difference.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back