Microsoft Exec: “We have a better console; we’re not worried about power”

Maddox

Trophies
We now know about the raw specs of both upcoming next generation consoles and on paper Microsoft seems to have the PlayStation console beat. However, rumblings have permeated through the internet that efficiency, development ease and a faster SSD might make the raw spec gap negligible.

That was the claim at least in a now retracted comment by a Crytek developer. The rendering engineer replied to a Twitter follower who asked about how the two consoles compared. Ali Salehi answered that the PlayStation 5 “is the easiest console they have ever coded on to reach its peak performance” and added that the PS5 “is extremely simple and has so many abilities that make the devs so free.” The interaction concluded with Salehi claiming, “As a programmer I say PS5 is much better and I don’t think you can find a programmer that could name one advantage that XSX has over PS5.”

However, it is worth mentioning that the Crytek developer has since walked back his comments.

It seems however that Microsoft are confident in their power advantage. Bill Stillwell of Microsoft Cognition Team, formerly of Xbox, said as much in a recent YouTube video. Full credit to Dealer_Gaming. In a 2 hour long YouTube live stream, Bill said this when asked about the power of PS5 vs Xbox One:

I'm not liking how they are approaching this, I hope they don't forget it is software that moves the console, not power.

At the end it all comes down to the sales. PS family has more sales than XBOX. And that is what matters. So I think being confident for the microsoft within limits is reasonable. But I don't think XBOX has what it takes to be leader in the console industry as of now.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back