News Metacritic's 10 Worst Video Games of 2020

Tek

Trophies
[These] are the lowest-scoring games released for any platform between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. Games are ranked by Metascore (as of December 15, 2020) prior to rounding, and any titles with fewer than 7 reviews from professional critics are excluded. If a single title would have landed on the list multiple times due to low scores on more than one platform, we only included the lowest-scoring version.

#10: The Elder Scrolls: Blades (Switch) - 42
“The Elder Scrolls: Blades is a bland and repetitive grind, a free-to-play mobile game all dressed up like a proper Elder Scrolls title but lacking in any of the adventure, exploration, wit or charm of a mainline entry in the franchise." —Nintendo Life

#9: Gleamlight (Switch) - 42
“Hollow Knight this is not. With a flawed control system, dreadful music, and painfully unfair platforming, this is a game you will want to end as quickly as possible. Thankfully it is over in about an hour." —Switch Player

#8: Street Power Soccer (PS4) - 41
“I went into Street Power Football hoping for an enjoyable take on the sport and was genuinely astonished by how bad the whole package is. This would be unforgivable were it a budget title, but to then have the temerity to stick a full retail price on this just takes the biscuit. I have wracked my brains but couldn’t find anything positive to say about this title. Even my kids (who are not fussy when it comes to multiplayer gaming) only managed about 10 minutes before turning it off. Perhaps the best thing to come from playing this abomination of a game is that it encouraged me to dig out my GameCube and Sega Soccer Slam to try to cleanse my palette." —TheSixthAxis

#7: Tamarin (PS4) - 40
“On some level, I guess, Tamarin is sort of amazing, in that I can’t think of when I last played a game that was this much of an outright disaster on every level. I’ve played plenty of terrible games recently, but at least in those cases you could see what they were going for, and you could imagine what good versions of those games might look like. In Tamarin, the game is an absolute fiasco at a conceptual level. That doesn’t mean you should play it, of course, but the game gets points for effort, if absolutely nothing else." —Gaming Age

#6: Remothered: Broken Porcelain (PC) - 39
“Broken and buggy. Remothered: Broken Porcelain is marred with poor design decisions, a nigh-incomprehensible plot, and a lot of poor taste. In its current state it's barely playable, and it's really not worth the effort." —PC Invasion

#5: Arc of Alchemist (Switch) - 36
“Thanks to the choppy framerate, horrible combat, and forgettable characters and story, Arc of Alchemist fails to elicit anything more than a shrug and a sigh. Unless you're a hardcore Idea Factory and Compile Heart fan, stay far, far away from this one." —We Got This Covered

#4: Fast & Furious Crossroads (PC) - 34
“I can’t believe the studio behind Project CARS and Need for Speed: Shift developed such an atrocity. I guess this is what happens when you’re assigned a laughably tight budget, have to spend half of it on voice acting by movie stars, and the publisher wants the game to imitate a triple AAA title." —CD-Action

#3: Dawn of Fear (PS4) - 33
“Dawn of Fear tries to bring back the nostalgia of classic survival horror but fails in almost every way. The poor controls lead to most of its problems and a lack of necessary mechanics creates problems that shouldn't exist in this day and age from the simplest of games." —PlayStation Universe

#2: XIII Remake (Xbox One) - 32
“At first glance, XIII looks like a video game. It has graphics, sounds come out of the speakers, and a character moves when you touch the pad. But sit down to play it, and you’ll realise that it’s held together with sticky tape and paper clips, collapsing into scraps when you play for more than five minutes." —TheXboxHub

#1: Tiny Racer (Switch) - 29
“Tiny Racer offers nothing that you haven’t seen before or does anything special that requires you to play it. It feels like a game that was created in about a week without any attention to details or a specific goal in mind aside from ‘let’s make the cars tiny’. Honestly, it even failed in that regard. It’s been said that Nintendo allows practically anything on the Switch eShop nowadays and Tiny Racer has strengthened that belief for me." —NintendoWorldReport

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back