Mass Effect Legendary Edition same-sex relationship mods are coming

mass-effect-legendary-edition-same-sex-mod.jpg

Mass Effect Legendary Edition same-sex relationship mods are coming, thanks to recorded and unused audio content that remains inside the likes of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2.

Modders have found audio files in both Mass Effect and its sequel that could have been implemented to provide gay romance options for the likes of Kaidan, Jacob and Thane, and lesbian romance options for Jack and Tali.

BioWare has confirmed that the lesbian relationship with Jack in Mass Effect 2 was deleted due to pressure from the conservative Fox News, while the original Mass Effect gay relationship with Kaidan was never intended.

Speaking with TheGamer, modder Ryan ‘Audemus’ Ainsworth criticised BioWare for past decisions and not including the deleted content inside Legendary Edition.

I think the lack of LGBT representation in the Mass Effect trilogy is quite disappointing. Especially since, for example, you can’t get the full Paramour achievement in Legendary Edition if you play a strictly gay male Shepard.

I know there are petitions to get BioWare to add in those romances for Mass Effect 2 and Kaidan’s gay romance in [the first] Mass Effect, and while it’s a shame that it doesn’t look like that’s going to end up happening, I can say that with our improved Mass Effect 2 audio modding potential, plus the fact that all of the unused same-sex romance voiceover is still present in Legendary Edition’s files, these mods are not just on the table – they’re pretty much certain to be made.
~Ryan Ainsworth, modder.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition
is available on PS4, Xbox One, (also compatible on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S) and Windows PC via EA Play and Steam.

mass-effect-legendary-edition.jpg

Mass Effect Legendary Edition​

14 May 2021​

PS4, Xbox One, PC​

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back