Lorien - A video game music composer

Lorien

Newcomer
Trophies
Hi
I will start with a short presentation :

My name is Lorien, I'm a 25 years old musician from France, I dream of becoming a composer of music with images, especially for video games,
To make my dream come true I work hard every day and I regularly post songs on my soundcloud and on my Youtube channel.
I get very good feedback on my work, which encourages me to promote myself, share my work and offer my services.

Here is a link to listen to my work:

My compositions for video games:

I also make Trailers with my music to illustrate my compositions:

An example with the game Ori and The Will of the Wisp :

An example with the game Sable :

An example with the game Little Nightmares II :

My site: https://www.lorien-compositeur.com

Don't hesitate to contact me if you are interested in my services for your project,

Thank you very much for your time and attention,

Regards,

Lorien,

That's amazing! What program do you use to make the music, and have you ever found it hard to make any pieces?

Wow, your work is fantastic. I can imagine your music fitting perfectly into games. Also, great work on the trailers, really artistic! What do you use for your videos? They are very professional looking!

Thank you !
I use Ableton Live to compose,
And for the level of the difficulty of the pieces I compose, I impose to myself the composition of one work per week, so depending on the chosen title I can have a little more difficulty to compose, in general the more we are in the fantastic field the more I feel comfortable to compose :D

Wow, your work is fantastic. I can imagine your music fitting perfectly into games. Also, great work on the trailers, really artistic! What do you use for your videos? They are very professional looking!

I use Ableton Live to compose directly in the image of the trailers on my software !
I would love to be able to hear my music in a video game someday... ?

You should be on Envato. There are lot of composers who are there selling their stuff.

I use Ableton Live to compose directly in the image of the trailers on my software !
I would love to be able to hear my music in a video game someday... ?
You are definitely going the right way about it. Signing up to places like JoyFreak who offer game developers the chance to showcase their work is a great opportunity for you. Someone is bound to find your work and hire you. They'd be crazy not to, your work is fantastic!

You should be on Envato. There are lot of composers who are there selling their stuff.

I didn't know this site, but many other similar sites offer this kind of services, for the moment I'm not convinced, it's not my vision of composition and music, with these services we're in the fast food type of consumption of music, I'd rather make a custom work for a project and put all my heart and sensibility into it so that the project is great and tailor-made than compose generic music that anyone can use for anything, I might have to go through that and I might change my mind, but for the moment I still dream of having a global budget for the realization of a complete OST on a game from A to Z, that's really what would make me vibrate...

You are definitely going the right way about it. Signing up to places like JoyFreak who offer game developers the chance to showcase their work is a great opportunity for you. Someone is bound to find your work and hire you. They'd be crazy not to, your work is fantastic!

Thank you it makes my heart warm to receive all these compliments, I hope with all my heart that it will happen like that too!
It's so difficult to be known, I don't have the marketing vibe, after 6 months of intensive production and composition with 34 tracks
I'm still on 40 subscribers on Youtube... I have a lot of progress to make on this one again, what will convince the developers is the quality of my work of course but also my ability to generate numerous and regular listenings !

That's a very impressive list, great work so far and keep wishing you the best in your future projects :)

I honestly never really payed any attention to the people who produce the music.

It's normal, it depends a lot on the relationship you have with music in general, but it's completely standard, a video game is sold as a whole, you buy a video game for the gameplay, the graphics, the music, the universe etc, I have no idea who the graphic designers are working on such and such a game, just like all the people needed to make a movie,
Of course there are exceptions and there are some very famous composers, but you don't seek popularity by becoming a video game composer, Just to create music that will give a unique identity to the game and that players will remember is one of the main challenges for composers
It must be so exhilarating to be able to create that !

That's a very impressive list, great work so far and keep wishing you the best in your future projects :)
Motivating, keep up the good work!

Thank you very much for all the encouragement !

It's normal, it depends a lot on the relationship you have with music in general, but it's completely standard, a video game is sold as a whole, you buy a video game for the gameplay, the graphics, the music, the universe etc, I have no idea who the graphic designers are working on such and such a game, just like all the people needed to make a movie,
Of course there are exceptions and there are some very famous composers, but you don't seek popularity by becoming a video game composer, Just to create music that will give a unique identity to the game and that players will remember is one of the main challenges for composers
It must be so exhilarating to be able to create that !

Thank you very much for all the encouragement !
In terms of music I don't really care unless it's something im interested in but alot of games have some decent soundtracks

I didn't know this site, but many other similar sites offer this kind of services, for the moment I'm not convinced, it's not my vision of composition and music, with these services we're in the fast food type of consumption of music, I'd rather make a custom work for a project and put all my heart and sensibility into it so that the project is great and tailor-made than compose generic music that anyone can use for anything, I might have to go through that and I might change my mind, but for the moment I still dream of having a global budget for the realization of a complete OST on a game from A to Z, that's really what would make me vibrate...
I think the site is worth it if you have unsold work or if you want to just audio file upload once and earn from license. Thats the good part of envato.

In terms of music I don't really care unless it's something im interested in but alot of games have some decent soundtracks

Yes, that's exactly it, for a player to make the effort to look for the music of a video game on Internet, it must really be outstanding and by its quality and its role in the game, we are more on a case by case basis, rather than on the name of a composer who would be enough to sell a game !

I think the site is worth it if you have unsold work or if you want to just audio file upload once and earn from license. Thats the good part of envato.

I will inquire little by little on this, it's true that my current works could lend themselves to this kind of site, I will inquire on their functioning and I will see if I adhere to their principle, thank you for the advice in any case!

I think you can join the enavto and check their official forums. This way you'd understand if it's even worth to keep the content there because some may or may not like the license model etc. So have to read on that part.

Yes I'll find out about this site, I also have to look at its competitors because there are a multitude of sites that offer the same concept, you'll have to spend a lot of time comparing all that !

My new composition of the week on the game trailer: Sky - Children of the Light :

Don't hesitate to give me your feedback on this track !
Have you already tested the game ? It's crazy to think it's a mobile game...

Thank for listening,

Really good soundtrack. Reminds me of Miyazaki's Ghibli studio kind of feel in the background. Also the game seems to have decent graphics too. All the best for your success on the soundtrack.

Really good soundtrack. Reminds me of Miyazaki's Ghibli studio kind of feel in the background. Also the game seems to have decent graphics too. All the best for your success on the soundtrack.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked my piece! I'm not the official composer of the games though, I use trailers as a portfolio to show my work!

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back