Let's talk about the the town/city you grew up in.. What was it like?

Lämmchen

Newcomer
Trophies
Did the town/city you grew up in have a good side and a bad side? Maybe even a poor and rich side? Mine did and it never made a difference until I got to Jr. High and then I saw how cliques were dividing my friends. I lived kind of in the middle even though we were very poor.

Do you think where you grew up (the side) made an impact for good on your life or did it make things harder for you to try to change things about yourself? As in did you feel you had a mark left on you that you had to erase and make a new name for yourself?

I've always lived in Edinburgh.

At Easter Road, it stinks of car fumes. I used to live on a street that had a sandy bit across the road. Now it's all flats in its place.

My late gran lived in a flat a few doors down until, 1994 I think. I lived with my parents in their home from 1989 to 2011, and was back staying there from 2014 to 2018. Planning to move again, hopefully very soon.

I grew up in a village.. There really wasn't too much to do or write about. You could pretty much walk the village in it's entirety within 2-3 hours if you include all of the housing estates. The nearest town is about 10 miles away, with the nearest cinema about 15 miles away (or at least it was when I lived there)..

I wouldn't really say there was a good/bad or rich/poor side, if anything perhaps a top/bottom divide with the main road running on a hill. I moved to Sheffield when I was about 10 years old, which is about 30 miles from said village. I rarely go back to visit anymore, and I didn't really stay in touch with any of my old friends.

I enjoyed my town, it's peaceful and quiet. Boring at times but better than the madness of a big city.

While my town is quiet, not really liking it too much - that's why I'll be moving next to a "bigger city" (although it's not really big at all). I like my current town as I'm with my family, but we usually move to other places to chill around!

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back