- Dec 11, 2018
Warning: Story spoilers ahead!
- Holiday 2021 release date, probably September like PS4 Spiderman was.
- Reveal this Summer.
- No online co op. Completely single player.
- Queens and Brooklyn. Will feature new gameplay mechanics to facilitate the low building traversal.
- Set during Winter. Set approx 5-6 months after the first game. Peter is still mourning Aunt May and constantly reminds himself of what happened. MJ and him live together but she is away for the entire first act of the story.
- Oscorp is attempting to Clone certain DNA to build a super soldier. Goes wrong. New villains spawn from this.
- Harry Osborn will become Venom but it's a unique take on the character my source said.
- Carnage and Mysterio are in the game.
- Eddie Brock is in the game and a major character.
- Miles is playable in sections of the game. They're still unsure wheather to let the player free roam as him but it isn't being thrown out completely just yet.
- Think of Arkham Knight's system where you could switch to the other Bat family characters in certain situations. Same thing here. Not very original but it is fun.
- A new "Web-Chain" mechanic is how my contact named it. You can basically chain together web "zips" so when you reach a point, he immediately zips to the next and so on.
- Web swinging overhauled. They've gone all out on the animation tech this time, so we won't see the same animation as much, more variety, not only are they bringing the animations from PS4 over for the swing releases, they're adding MANY MANY MANY more. They have like 2 animators devoted completely and solely to the web release animations throughout the entire development cycle.
- There will be three swing modes. Realistic, Arcade and Hybrid. (Naming still not final). Realistic is very Spider-Man 2-esque in that it's just pure physics. Arcade is a little "fake" assistance. and hybrid is a merge of the two, basically PS4's swinging.