Kotaku - GameStop: We Can Stay Open During Lockdowns Because We're 'Essential Retail'

Nat

Trophies
The video game retail chain GameStop told all of its stores this afternoon to stay open even in the event of state lockdowns to protect against covid-19, emphasizing that it is “essential retail” alongside groceries and pharmacies and should therefore be exempt from quarantine laws.

“Due to the products we carry that enable and enhance our customers’ experience in working from home, we believe GameStop is classified as essential retail and therefore is able to remain open during this time,” the retailer said in a memo to staff this afternoon, obtained by Kotaku.

I really felt bad for this type of mentality. And funny SJW folks are coming in support of such attitude. It's really sad. When entire world is in lockdown, these companies think it's time for profit by bringing people in shop? That's worst thinking.

"Essential" my ass. You sell video games. Don't kid yourselves, assholes.

World: Let's actually stay indoors so we aren't idiots. Hopefully no one catches COVID-19.
Gamestop: I'm about to end this planet's whole career.

Ahaha pretty much, until they realize nobody goes to gameatop anyway! :ROFLMAO:

I can see why they want to stay open, since everyone being stuck at home needs video games. But they need to shutter their doors and focus on fast shipping.

Thing with that though, is that if players want video games today they can just buy them digitally over their platform of choice.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back