Konami rumoured to be buying the rights to Konami owned franchises!

Well, I personally wouldn't totally mind having a game based on the movies, which could happen if Sony got the rights to the series. But I'd rather have the series kept as its 'own thing' and push on with sequels, or maybe do something like an episodic series, where a different developer does a new episode every month, for a year, where January through to December, we get to play a new story with a different character.

Each chapter could remain fairly short, like the Maria scenario that took roughly half an hour to complete. That way, no one company has to spend a lot of time working on a single game, and it gives others a chance to offer up a new take on the series each time. But I have a feeling I'm sounding too ambitious here. :D

The company that made Silent Hill: Downpour ceased their business after like that one game, and that game kind of sucks.

It wasn't the worst game out there, but it was kind of boring, and you could normally only get guns from finding codes for safes.

I finally completed it about a month ago, and it had a good story, but I didn't think that the game itself set the world on fire.

I hope if they reboot the series, they don't make it into some bullshit, action oriented saga like Capcom did with their RE Engine.

Doesn't seem like game companies want to make new titles, so I'm all for them getting rights to older dead games and giving them new life.

I cannot speak for Capcom, but when it comes to their side story games, that were pointless since they weren't even really canon, we got this trash, plus one winner...

-Operation Raccoon City
-Umbrella Corps
-Project Resistance
-Outbreak

Only Outbreak wasn't a colossal screw up in that regard. But hell, I'd hate for Konami to go get some bright ideas, and do another Book of Memories type title, or something bland. They even did an arcade game with co-op about 10 years ago, that few fans ever got to play, since it was apparently only released to select venues in Japan. Trust me, it was so bad, no one should care.

The company that made Silent Hill: Downpour ceased their business after like that one game, and that game kind of sucks.

It wasn't the worst game out there, but it was kind of boring, and you could normally only get guns from finding codes for safes.

I finally completed it about a month ago, and it had a good story, but I didn't think that the game itself set the world on fire.

I hope if they reboot the series, they don't make it into some bullshit, action oriented saga like Capcom did with their RE Engine.
Oh god damn! So downpour killed the business?

If they remake those games and also come up with some interesting stories. I'd say that is kind of justice. But if they just bought it for patents and copyright revival. I guess that would be bad in long term.

I strangely get the feeling they bought them to cash in on the noatalgia hype. I could be wrong, and I hooe I am. Its a biting feeling though.

Oh god damn! So downpour killed the business?

Not really, although the series had been on a downward spiral for a while before that. What really did it for Konami was the dissolution of their relationship with Hideo Kojima in 2015. I also blame Capcom for why survival horror went shitty in general. They made Resident Evil about action and third person viewpoints, to the point where a lot of companies altered their series to be like this, making them a shadow of their past success in the process. Even now, with the RE Engine, I don't feel convinced that remakes are the right path for them to go on. They have radically changed the games anyway. Remakes are pushing the franchise back and showing how uncreative Capcom have become. They don't even seem like the same games from the late 1990s and early 2000s anymore.

Yeah. They made the personal decision to disband Team Silent, likely due to Capcom's move towards Action Horror. The former staff members ended up working on the Forbidden Siren series, but I never took to those much.

I stopped giving a shit about Konami when they abandoned the main talent they had, honestly.

I think EA, Bethesda, and few other popular game studios are out there just for profit. They don't care about the nation, race and the employees.

Oh, absolutely. Especially EA and Bethesda. I don't thjnk they will ever earn their reputations back.

EA in fact lost a lot lately from community considering they just copy pasted year back code in a new game. Kind of sad for the people who trusted and used their games for years.

Oh yeah. I feel like EA's really been shitting the bed as of late.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back