Konami makes trademark application for Silent Hill

Barida

Trophies
In its latest moves to keep up with the fan base, Konami has made the move to fill a trademark application for Silent Hill with the Canadian Intellectual Property Office which is as well unrelated to Pachislot and Pachinko machines.

Many believe that this move is to ensure that they aren't caught unawares with the latest deal set to expire in December. Great move or not?

Last edited:
I think sometimes it is necessary to protect the property and not to have lot of overlap. I guess they did a good move which is kind of common on gaming companies.

I think sometimes it is necessary to protect the property and not to have lot of overlap. I guess they did a good move which is kind of common on gaming companies.

That's true as it is going to give them access to keep making the game better. I don't really think about what many will say about the move as Konami did what is better for the company.

At first, I was a bit excited when I read about this stuff a few weeks ago. Then I figured Konami just wanted to update the IP, to leave the franchise doing nothing for many more years to follow. Kind of like a hill that is silent. It is there, but it is just there.

That's true as it is going to give them access to keep making the game better. I don't really think about what many will say about the move as Konami did what is better for the company.
I think sometimes the copyright is necessary otherwise people use your stuff and then damage the reputation build around it.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back