Discussion Konami has let the Silent Hill domain expire

Broken Shotgun

Trophies
Ooh. I guess that means the series is NEVER coming back. ?

I honestly think this is the end of Konami's interest in the beloved Silent Hill series, and it's a shame. ?

I needed it to return, and kick Capcom's ass, since RE stopped scaring us YEARS ago. ?

If you look at the domain Whois details, you can see that the domain updated in December but is registered since 2003. So it could be that it’s still in the hands of Konami.

Thanks for pointing that out. I think these sites are maybe just covering old news. :)

In my opinion, Konami should sell this IP and their other household franchises. Imagine if Bethesda had the rights, or Naughty Dog. You know?

As it is, Konami doesn't care about their series, unless they're talking about pointless merchandise, like um, a skateboard. :(

Like, really? :p

Thanks for pointing that out. I think these sites are maybe just covering old news. :)

In my opinion, Konami should sell this IP and their other household franchises. Imagine if Bethesda had the rights, or Naughty Dog. You know?

As it is, Konami doesn't care about their series, unless they're talking about pointless merchandise, like um, a skateboard. :(

Like, really? :p
Absolutely. But will Konami sell it? That’s the question. Silent Hill was successful and I think it would do just great if they made a remake. Maybe it’s still on the cards, who knows?

In 2012 alone, they messed up the HD collection, gave us a mediocre movie sequel, a very bland mainline game, and some RPG, handheld garbage. The icing on the cake was when they fell out with Hideo Kojima, over whatever the reason was for doing so at the time. So I doubt it's coming back again. :D

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back