Kirby's “next stage” now in development

kirby-next-stage-in-development.jpg

Kirby's “next stage” is now in development, game director Shinya Kumazaki has revealed.

This news comes after a new art book for Kirby Star Allies has been released in Japan. The book gives us a detailed look at Nintendo's mascot and also includes an interview with game director Shinya Kumazaki, alongside talks about the future of Kirby.

I still try new things at work every day, talking with my colleagues about where to take the series next. Together with them, even if only to please a single fan, we’re planning for the next stage of our future. The team is a culmination of the best aspects of the Kirby franchise, and we hope you’ll look forward to what we have coming next.
~Shinya Kumazaki.

We can only assume that HAL Laboratory is working on the next stage of Kirby, which could well be a new Kirby game. Kirby Star Allies, the last Kirby game, was released three years ago and, outside of the spin-off title Kirby Fighters 2, there's been nothing from Kirby since then.

There has been a consistent stream of Kirby games releasing every few years, so we’re now approaching Kirby’s overdue next title. There may be more Kirby news coming in E3 2021, as Nintendo is confirmed to be attending the event.

I don't think I've played a Kirby game since back in the NES days..

I'm not a Nintendo gamer, does it show? ?

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back