News Katana Zero DLC will be free at almost half the size of the original game

Nightrider

Trophies
maxresdefault.jpg

Katana Zero is still getting its free DLC, but the project has grown dramatically in scope according to its developer.

In a new blog post, Katana Zero creator Askiisoft explained that the size of the DLC for the 2D action game has grown by six times, with the entire thing about half as long as the original game. This has delayed the release of the DLC a bit, the blog goes on to confirm that the content is locked and won't be expanding any further.

The Katana ZERO DLC is now 6x bigger
That’s right! The free Katana ZERO DLC will be 6x the original planned size. That’s a bit over half the size of the main game. This means more levels, mechanics, enemies, bosses, and intertwined story elements. It’s less like a DLC and more like Katana 1.5.

It’s (still) on the house
Despite the significantly larger size, I’m still planning on releasing this for free. Development took an unexpected slowdown last year, but things are normalizing now and I want to repay the fans who have given me so much.

When will it come out?
The short answer is - I don’t know yet. There’s a ton of content finished, but this is a large project and I’m aspiring to the same level of quality and attention of the base game. I’m also still doing all the programming and design myself - this is my passion project after all. But don’t fret! The game is progressing at a healthy pace, and the whole dev team is working full steam on production. The DLC won’t be expanding anymore either - the plan is set and now we’re focused on finishing it.
The Government Lab
Here, you’ll encounter New Mecca scientists. They shoot bouncing bullets and have a couple of other tricks up their sleeves. It shouldn’t be too much for a katana-wielding assassin to overcome though, especially with a few new toys he’ll find in the secretive New Mecca labs.

Like this plasma blaster….

89b10d6723db1558e1f9c1ff8e6eb9c47d7caba0.gifv

…or this gravity-warping robo-arm.

1a5d56e51e66b80dbcfec8d34557dc03f4df9fcf.gifv

But…
Who are these people, and what are they doing here?

b9d11e156dfa075c1ba535a473da58992c7570b3.gifv

Those are all great questions! But for now, I need to get back to work - these games aren’t going to make themselves!

See you next time,

Justin

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back