Discussion Jim Sterling: Creeps That Attack Actors For Something A Fictional Character Did

Yeah. Games mean a lot to us, but they aren't real. I hope Abby grows to become a bigger character, because to be honest, I don't get the hate other than the obvious. The game ended on a somewhat sad but nonetheless interesting note. Are the Fireflies good or bad now? ?

Yeah. Games mean a lot to us, but they aren't real. I hope Abby grows to become a bigger character, because to be honest, I don't get the hate other than the obvious. The game ended on a somewhat sad but nonetheless interesting note. Are the Fireflies good or bad now? ?
do you reckon theres gonna be a last of us part 3?

Oh hell yeah. ?

I think giving that this occurs...

Abby and Lev made it to Catalina Island. The Fireflies could still pursue Ellie, although I think Abby will take on a much less antagonistic role.

It's sad that Ellie seen Marlene as her original carer, but she sold her out. I wonder how many people know about her immunity.

Well, only time will tell.

People just want to be angry at something, might as well be at the one person they can look up via a gameplay.

Apparently, Laura Bailey has an impressive list of voice credits, making her well respected within the industry. She doesn't deserve to put up with all this hate, just because she plays a character who commits a controversial act. Fans of games can often be very toxic, to the point of insanity. I've dealt with them a lot myself due to being an honest Resident Evil fan, and so I too have been stalked and abused by morons for a long time. Like for example, whenever I upload a new YouTube video, I know there's trolls who have subscribed just to dislike the videos. I've seen it in my studio all of the time. It is possible to disable user ratings, but I reckon most YouTubers prefer that feature being there, as it's kind of like a voting system. But even so. It's really stupid that people follow your channel just to do that.

I do think the series will become an eventual trilogy, giving that it appears that Abby and Lev reached their destination at the end of the second game. I'm kind of glad in a way that Naughty Dog doesn't consistently make these games, like how Capcom shoves Resident Evil down our throats every year or so now, and you can tell the quality has depleted quite a bit with that series. Even with Uncharted, they leave a while between sequels, so you have a quality game at the end of the long wait. Naughty Dog ain't no Capcom. Because do you know what could happen? If they decided to do another The Last of Us title every few years, how much do you want to bet they would end up looking cheap? That's why I made a topic about this elsewhere, saying that the franchise should become big if the success is still evident, but only over a very gradual period of time. Annual entries may sound interesting, especially with different characters, but that's also risky since people take to the characters that are already established within the lore. The environments and everything clearly takes a long time to perfect, so there's that too.

If they were to do sequels or side story entries more often, they may have to start cutting corners to meet deadlines, which means having to hurry up the process. So there's pros and cons to a beloved series expanding in that manner. On the one hand, you would have new stories, some of which could be very appealing. But if it's more or less just presented as a rush job, it will be remembered as such. Hell, the remake of Resident Evil 3 is only 3 or so months old, and the game is so embarrassing to look at. There's absolutely no longevity to that game. Although funnily enough, it still has its fans...

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back