Anyone suffer from issues with sleep as a result from gaming?

Alexander.

Trophies
Anyone suffer from a unwellness called sleep disorder as a result from gaming? It's also known as sleep insomnia.

How are you overcoming issues with your sleep pattern? What are you doing differently?

I am thankful I don't have issue with regards to sleeping. I can sleep peacefully even on my active gaming days. There were times that I sneak at midnight for a game but once I stop and lay on bed. I'm done and sleep well. It is better to limit your hours of playing to be able to relax your body and be free from radiation. Always make sure to do exercises like swimming, running, walking, biking and stair climbing to release all your anxiety or stress. We all know that exercise keeps our body and mind healthy. Find time to have another recreational activity other than playing computer all day.

I have had issues with sleep when I play the games late night. So these days I have kind of made the routine of not playing the games late night. And only focus on the games during the day or the afternoon. Because any other time is only going to cause more issues in terms of the distractions as well.

Anyone suffer from a unwellness called sleep disorder as a result from gaming? It's also known as sleep insomnia.

How are you overcoming issues with your sleep pattern? What are you doing differently?

I do have difficulty sleeping, but I don't know if it is directly related to gaming late at night, since I also have difficulty sleeping, even when I haven't been gaming. I have started taking an all natural melatonin supplement, which does seem to be helping to regulate my sleeping somewhat. Best of luck, I know how frustrating it can be not getting adequate sleep. :sleep:

I tend to have difficulty for sleeping on which I am currently working. For example I take morning walks. And also try to get some good sleep in the due process. But it does not always works out the way I want. And on that note I make sure to walk more and go out more and hope that things turn out good for my health.

I sleep peacefully yet tend to have a chemical inbalance I'm currently dealing with. My sleep is peaceful however I never feel rested when I wake up. It's more or less a serotonin issue. But gaming can be hard sometimes when you don't get good sleep. Currently I take Cymbalta to even out my serotonin for better sleep and it really does help.

Not really, though if you were really into a game I can see it hard to put the controller down and go to sleep. I know if I do game a bit too late, its harder for me to calm down and go to sleep.

I think those who are not paying attention to the sleep pattern. And spending time mostly playing the game. Those type of people tend to have issues with their gaming approach and also have sleep issues in between. That's what I have noticed so far.

I remember around 10 years ago now if not a little less I suffered with insomnia, I would spend a lot of my time gaming and then finding it hard to sleep after that and just ended up staying awake and gaming rather than even making any attempt to sleep. I later found out that I was suffering with anxiety and depression and gaming was an outlet for me so I would game as much as I could to always have an outlet. I haven't since then had any issues with insomnia, however I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia which could have been something I have been suffering with for a while which would explain needing an outlet and the insomnia I suffered from back then.

I think majority of the time the sleep issues cause more or less issue with the routine. Something that I can tell you from my experience that may not work well with many. As the sleep issues can be terrible and leads to more issues.

Hey there, I am so sorry to hear about your sleep problem I totally understand how you feel as I have suffered sleep problem for a long time.

I tried many different things none work as well.

I actually came across a video on YouTube that I followed and it worked really well.

I think only thing that works is getting the morning sunlight and also doing the jogging. That works well for those who are suffering from the sleep issues. I personally don't think that lack of sleep is because of games. stop soda based drinks though.

I dont have this issue tho.

But when i do gaming 24 hour non stop i do some exercise before and after the game.

When i get fatigue from exercise it will help me to sleep at ease.

So you can try to Jogging or do other exercise before going to sleep.

I think drinking coffee every day and playing games long enough may surely take some toll on your body. I know because I have seen that happening.

I have most problems if I work dayshift then switch to nightshifts. Or nightshifts to dayshifts. Or, if I came back from a country where 12am there is 12pm here. Intense book reading should put you to sleep well. Try chemistry or learning new languages.

Coffee contributes to a lot of people having the sleep issues. I have myself had my share of the sleep issues due to consumption of the coffee. I need to avoid that as much as possible. I think hopefully things improve with that.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back