Is there a link between video games and violence?

No, unless one is just mentally unstable in my opinion. Really, the fault relies on the individual and how they view fiction and reality.

I think violent games promote violent behavior, especially in kids and young adults. I am saying this based on my observation. I have noticed that kids start showing aggressive behavior when they play violent games too much.

Many experiments and researches involving thousands of participants have concluded that violent video games does not promote violent behavior or increase aggression. But in my opinion, it is still better to keep children away from playing too much violent video games

I disapprove such s tatements immediately when I hear them. As some people above wrote, violent nature comes out of an individual person. A game cannot develop what is already hidden within the person itself.

I don't think they do. Any normal person would never even think about doing something from the game or even the movie, there is no much difference, to another being. I used to play a lot of violent games and I love to watch horror movies, but I don't struggle with the desire to go on a rampage. I think games could even help, so the people who do have tendencies towards violent behavior don't do it in real life, but rather do it in the game.

If we're talking about kids, then yes every thing they get contact with affect their personality in one way or another, and recently there was a couple of games that had caused multiple suicide cases all over the world, that can only show how fragile are kids and how much of a dangerous impact "the wrong kind of games" can have on them, causing them to hurt themselves of others. But in the case of grown Men/Women, then I would say if somebody is missed up "up there" then either he or she plays Resident Evil or Dora the Explorer, It's all the same.

I think that everything depends on the environment in which a person is growing, since with a good education (ignoring psychological things) you can get to play very violent things and not generate any type of behavior in the person !

Violence doesn't bother me so much - cause sometimes violent characters are good guys. However, stuff like "Grand Theft Auto" glamorizes degenerate behavior. I would never allow my kids to play it - but I might suggest Crazy Taxi as an alternative.

If we're talking about kids, then yes every thing they get contact with affect their personality in one way or another, and recently there was a couple of games that had caused multiple suicide cases all over the world, that can only show how fragile are kids and how much of a dangerous impact "the wrong kind of games" can have on them, causing them to hurt themselves of others. But in the case of grown Men/Women, then I would say if somebody is missed up "up there" then either he or she plays Resident Evil or Dora the Explorer, It's all the same.
Kids can be easily influenced. They also imitate easily. Therefore, when they play violent video games, they will try to show violent behavior. Adults are not easy to be influenced. However, those people who have something wrong in their brain might take a cue from violent games.

I think the feeling of a game is more catharsis than inspiration. I know there have been times I’ve put on GTA or Skyrim just to run around with certain liberties real life does not afford. It’s just like taking your frustrations out on a punching bag. Blasting through traffic at high speed while causing absolute havoc on the streets with a rocket launcher is my punching bag.

People give excuses but video games and anime definitely have an impact on the kids and the adults alike. If you want violent things those things tend to have more impact on your health and mind. You may end up making more violent decisions. And that shows in the behavior too. Most of the people who were caught criminals have history of video games too.

I think people think that gaming has no effect on us. But it does have effect. For example people who play a lot of games tend to be more disturbed. And they have more psychological issues to go through. And that makes it a bit harder to understand the gaming simply. I can tell you that I do think people need to play the game in balance way and not assume that games have no impact on us.

Sometimes it makes us better and Sometimes not. Playing games can learn more ways and strategy but the bad factor on playing games are people learn how to trashtalks and sometimes anger is coming out.

Yeah violent games are most affected on it are kids. My nephew behavior are change on what he sees on the game.even trash talking is also adapt when she's playing a game..

Online gaming does have a lot of advantages as it builds up your social and lateral skills and we can make new friends all around the world. We stay connected to our family and friends in a joyful manner. But obviously, it can also have disadvantages if we play these kinds of games a lot.

Last edited:
I think violent video games also influence the mind of a person. Especially with the kids who doesn't have parents that discipline and guide for good values. Games gives them the sense of belongingness and a feeling of being a "swag". An image that they want to portray and boost their individuality. It's always a good choice to choose and guide children on playing games.

I do agree that video games is influencing people especially the young children who play video games for a long time, they forget how to socialize and behave in a society, sometimes some of them become violent with their friends.

There is some truth in the theory that what a person watches is likely to influence their behavior. But it could also be the other way around. A violent person is attracted to violent scenes and content because that is where they feel at home. In addition, personal values have lots of influence on a person's response to any content they interact with.

The point is that there are many kids and the adults alike who are falling for the addiction. And addiction like anything gets higher. And things change from what I have seen so far. I mostly found out that people tend to be negative if they are exposed to the negativity. Because it's all about what we get exposed to.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back