News Is SSD in PS5/Xbox Series X a game changer?

Tek

Trophies
There's so much hype surrounding SSD in next-gen consoles which had me and my friends thinking. Do you guys think this will truly be a game changer and why?

Yes, moving away from HDDs will allow for some interesting design choices due to easier asset streaming. Also, less waiting times!

Yes, moving away from HDDs will allow for some interesting design choices due to easier asset streaming. Also, less waiting times!
Agree, I'm very much looking forward to seeing the xbox in action, I've watched a few YouTube videos. This video below showcases its potential.

Agree, I'm very much looking forward to seeing the xbox in action, I've watched a few YouTube videos. This video below showcases its potential.

I'm more of a Sony fan but I have seen the specs and Xbox is looking good!

Yep, SSDs will be an amazing game-changer. Considering Xbox used hard drives for a decade and a half, it'll be interesting to discover the wonderful possibilities of an SSD.

Yep, SSDs will be an amazing game-changer. Considering Xbox used hard drives for a decade and a half, it'll be interesting to discover the wonderful possibilities of an SSD.
It's certainly a stepping stone into the future of gaming!

Solid State Drives are bound to be an incredible revolution. Taking into consideration that Microsoft has been utilising hard drives for over 10 years now, it would be fascinating to explore the fantastic capabilities of an SSD. We'll have to wait and see.

As long as the SSD don't turn into the OPTANE memory unity type of the issues. I heard that Windows had the issues with the optane memory. If the SSD also not run into something similar I think the case is that it would cause problems. I love the new SSD updates lately though.

It is going to be a massive game changer. I can't wait to see what the big developers are going to come out with to take advantage of the SSD in the new consoles.

Welp! Everyone agrees its for the greater good.. SSD is defo a game changer!

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back