Question Is Opera web browser a gaming browser?

I am completely new to Opera in general. I usually use Google Chrome.
You're not missing anything to be honest. Opera is only good to use if youa re on limited data. And google chrome on mobile has option for lite loading the pages. So there is no need for opera turbo which you need on mobile often. I think chrome is good for mobile and desktop. I am leaning towards the edge because I don't like google forcing me to have profile on browser.

Gaming side I do not believe in it LOL they called it gaming to get there name out there more than anything else. Doesn't help people that game at all.

A gaming browser? That's a new marketing tactic and I wonder if it actually works lol. I do use Opera on my phone but only as a secondary browser. The built in VPN is quite nice.

Guess you're special, because I tired just 7 or 8 times this week and it would not let me, until I tried on Firefox.
I would suggest you might have an add-on conflicting, or maybe a firewall issue blocking something from loading. I don't think it's anything specific to brave itself.

Gaming side I do not believe in it LOL they called it gaming to get there name out there more than anything else. Doesn't help people that game at all.
Opera, Chrome and Edge all make use of the chromium engine behind and so they all are same for the browser based games. There is nothing really more or less in it to have complete gaming browser type. I am sure in near future if stadia crossplay becomes norm, it wont matter if the browser is opera or edge or chrome.

A gaming browser? That's a new marketing tactic and I wonder if it actually works lol. I do use Opera on my phone but only as a secondary browser. The built in VPN is quite nice.

I would be mindful about using the "free" built in VPN. If it is free, that means YOU are the product.
I assume, like any other VPN provider that offers a free service; they are scraping your data and selling it to advertisters.

Also, just to touch on Brave browser, the only issue I have come across in my 8~ months or so of using, is charts on trading view or other sites are a bit glitchy. I can deal with that due to the peace of mind I get while using brave everywhere else. Keep your eye out for the fork of brave browser coming soon, if you aren't interested in ads at all, or google web services. Bold Browser.

Also, just to touch on Brave browser, the only issue I have come across in my 8~ months or so of using, is charts on trading view or other sites are a bit glitchy. I can deal with that due to the peace of mind I get while using brave everywhere else. Keep your eye out for the fork of brave browser coming soon, if you aren't interested in ads at all, or google web services. Bold Browser.
The only reason I like the brave browser is because of BAT tokens. and getting paid to view ads is a good concept. I don't use the brave browser for any personal data, not even for social media.but mostly to use it for doing the research and keyword related work that I do usually for gaming. Does the Bold browser has plans to give out pay to surf tokens like BAT?

The only reason I like the brave browser is because of BAT tokens. and getting paid to view ads is a good concept. I don't use the brave browser for any personal data, not even for social media.but mostly to use it for doing the research and keyword related work that I do usually for gaming. Does the Bold browser has plans to give out pay to surf tokens like BAT?
Ahh, I guess the is majority of people. Getting paid to browse is great, as it was the one of the first things that turned me onto brave. Quickly I realized how much faster brave is, especially with an older system like mine.

The reason the BOLD browser team is forking from brave, is because they don't want an advertisers network at all. Which means no BAT or variant but also no ads at all. I think this is a smart move, as I know many people in the crypto space don't like brave very much due to its centralized advertising network.

I see. I don't mind advertising and tracking if I am doing in sandbox and misguiding them with my info. Which I can do very easily with the Brave. But I can't do that with chrome , firefox. The thing is the data tracking is getting serious and I need to get paid for it if they wish to use my data.

I used to use it, when I had a really bad internet, so the data-saving images optimisation thing Opera has (the "Turbo" mode was it?) was actually helping a bit.

Nowadays I only use it for the free VPN - not for security but for when something is region-locked.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back