Is Google Stadia worth the subscription?

Nova

Trophies
Google has released the prices for their cloud gaming platform stadia. You can either play for free or 9.95$ per month subscription. And in both cases the games are meant to be purchased additional cost. In both cases you don't keep the copy as it would be in cloud. I am wonder how many people find the usage of stadia worthy? Is it a good option to purchase it? or just play the free mode and buy games which are cheap and leave at it?

It mostly depends on your internet, which by the new chart it needs to be pretty high up there. It will be interesting to see how this takes off.

Not at the moment. When the free service comes, I may consider checking it out. But at the moment, you're paying monthly to stream 4K games that you have to buy which is silly.

Sadly it is not available for India and i think people here won't opt for this. As they much prefer to play the game in their Own PC. Waiting for some review about the service though.

Simple answer: No. I think the Stadia is a complete rip-off and Google seems to think everyone has the greatest internet and is loaded with money and will just throw money for full priced games at them to RENT them.

It is too early to make such a verdict. We can tell better when it is launched. For $9.95 they are renting you their cloud-based PC hardware. I am okay with it. I have no problem buying those games for an additional cost as I play quite a few games mainly multiplayer games. The biggest problem is the internet. We have to see how much internet speed it will require as the internet on our side of the world is pretty rubbish.

Simple answer: No. I think the Stadia is a complete rip-off and Google seems to think everyone has the greatest internet and is loaded with money and will just throw money for full priced games at them to RENT them.
I have to agree, 10/gbps is not something people outside US, Canada and UK are going to afford. I mean Greece, Spain may not have that much quicker internet. And it can get pretty rough trying to pay for even 9$ for some. I guess Google wants to target the rich gamers it seems.

I have to agree, 10/gbps is not something people outside US, Canada and UK are going to afford. I mean Greece, Spain may not have that much quicker internet. And it can get pretty rough trying to pay for even 9$ for some. I guess Google wants to target the rich gamers it seems.
Yes, and it's not even so much the ISP speeds that's the issue for me, it's the fact they are going to be full priced games and you won't be able to utilize them unless you have an active subscription, thus, you don't OWN the game, you're RENTING it for the full price of a game you'd be able to get physically.

Yes so basically we pay for high speed internet + stadia joysticks + subscritption + additional games. So there is a lot of money being spent. And also we don't even own the games as they remain on cloud limited to stadia only.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back