Is gaming a profession?

In the past when I was in college, I used to place bets with my guys while we play games. That was one of the ways that I made money while gaming. Though it I illegal in my country to bet on games, we did it as kids and it was fun.

I think game development can be a good career. I have seen some of the folks making a fortune simply with one or two games. And for them it definitely worked out. I guess in near future this can be a good thing for sure.

The truth is that I will like to focus on enjoying the fun that comes with gaming. However, there is need for us to see that if it can pay as a career, then it is worth going for. The issue may come with intense pressure to always come out on tops every time that I play the game.

I think if you are planning for other jobs then it's necessary to keep the gaming as hobby. If you can get the gaming videos and the written articles to have some sort of demand. Then I am guessing you can easily make this as a career.

Gaming is more of a hobby for me. I don't think I can do it for a living but I sure do know some people who do and they enjoy it!

More and more people are getting into the review and streaming jobs. So it seems like a good option for those who are struggling with a career and want to advance further in their work. It may not always work out for those people with decent salary but if you work hard enough then it should not be that difficult.

Well, it's not that easy. This reminds me of this article about Patreon - where it claimed few people made - even the minimum wage from it! O.K., why is that the case?

Well, the reason is the fact that online endeavors - like any business - generally require a huge investment in marketing - but that wasn't mentioned on the article! Anyway, though, as you say - if someone can make it with streaming etc.. - then power to them!

O.K., well I am assuming the worst - cause I really believe you'd have to own your own traffic stream, website and/or social media page - at the least - and it would have to be big and full of targeted traffic.

As I said on one of my previous comments, these days you can earn money from almost everything! You don't even need to go out of the house anymore. If you're good at something, earning money from it sounds perfectly reasonable.
hey trust me only the lucky ones ... over 3 yearss i have tried and its not easy as its written.

Well, it's not that easy. This reminds me of this article about Patreon - where it claimed few people made - even the minimum wage from it! O.K., why is that the case?

Well, the reason is the fact that online endeavors - like any business - generally require a huge investment in marketing - but that wasn't mentioned on the article! Anyway, though, as you say - if someone can make it with streaming etc.. - then power to them!

O.K., well I am assuming the worst - cause I really believe you'd have to own your own traffic stream, website and/or social media page - at the least - and it would have to be big and full of targeted traffic.
I think there are people who left their school, college and even jobs. So you can speculate that it is not all the time doable business but it is possible to quit job and save the money earned.

here is how i made some money and playing games,check out my links

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess now, in 21st century, you can earn from anything you want. It's just a matter of your will.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back