News Intellivision Amico released a new gameplay trailer, web and mobile games slipped in

FreeckyCake

Newcomer
Trophies
AmicoSpecialEvent%2B10%2B10.png

It's funny, every time Intellivision releases a new video it's 1 step forward and 2 steps back. The latest gameplay trailer from Intellivision features games we have never been shown by Intellivision before but, sadly, they have been seen before. How is that possible you ask, because the showed off several recycled games and passed them off as their own.

Now, to be fair, these games were not explicitly stated to be Amico originals but that was the implication of the video titled "Intellivision Amico - 10.10.2020 Gameplay update!" The description on the video goes even further by saying "Here is a quick look at a bunch of games that are currently in development for Amico and will be launched in Q2 of 2021. Please note that nothing shown is in its final state and are all a work in progress." So, at the very least these are supposed to be games in development for the Amico, which would not be the same thing as games in the process of being ported to the Amico.

You can check more from The Geek Getaway website for further insight if you want.

Arcade?

it thought Intellivision was strictly home gaming O_O

but yeah of all arcade games the one that always comes to mind is Golden Axe.

but I think thats a Sega property lol
Well, yes, it's a home console. But I hear they have plans to bring '' dead classics ''. For example, Asteroids, Lock N' Chase, Warlords, and so on. Note that all these are set to release next year as remakes. Let's wait and see what the Amio is capable of.

Well, yes, it's a home console. But I hear they have plans to bring '' dead classics ''. For example, Asteroids, Lock N' Chase, Warlords, and so on. Note that all these are set to release next year as remakes. Let's wait and see what the Amio is capable of.
Oh hoooo???

Thats lovelyyy if true.

Id love to see a modernized Asteroids

ooooooh????

Does Gunstar Heroes count?

I think its the best Shmup EVERRRRR.

That game is spectacular. to this day

There NEEDS to be a modern game made.
Ah yes, that's a run and gun game. Since you mentioned it, I'd like to add Alien Soldier and The Adventures of Batman & Robin (Genesis ver)

I think they are targetting kids at the moment to test the waters?
Are they? wouldn't think so though. It's family kind of games for most people to play, I mean going to get people who are willing to try and test and as time goes on they will improve and add many more gaming-related titles.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back