Intel plans to cut CPU prices by up to 15 per cent to combat Ryzen 3rd Gen

Jedi

Trophies
According to a report published by DigiTimes today, Intel will "slash desktop processor prices by up to 15 per cent" in response to the competition. Sources in the Taiwanese motherboard market indicated that the pricing structure applied to Intel's 8th and 9th Gen processor will be adjusted down by between 10 and 15 per cent. Thus Intel processor prices could drop by as much as $75 at the higher end.

Looking at the Intel / AMD competitive history since the first Ryzen processors arrived this is the first time it has reacted in this manner - adjusting pricing of existing processor ranges. Previously you might see a reaction as it introduced a newer generation of processors at keener pricing.

21080256537l.jpg

From the reviews it seems like the Ryzen is pretty much crushing the Intel with new series. So it;'s kind of obvious. We may see the new Intel CPUs in order to combat this new earning drain they may face this year.

So the processor prices may drop? AMD always had cheap prices, but now Intel too. Do you have any news as it already over 8 months from the announcement. This could be a best for people who have low budget in buying or want to play multiple games in their homes.

Sounds like a bargain. I'd never actually buy any type of AMD parts/components only because lately allegedly they've been having issues with there Radeon graphics card getting to hot due to the screws being loose. So in terms of CPU/GPU I'll stick with my Intel Core i770k - NVIDIA GEFORCE 1660 ti gaming x.

Sounds like a bargain. I'd never actually buy any type of AMD parts/components only because lately allegedly they've been having issues with there Radeon graphics card getting to hot due to the screws being loose. So in terms of CPU/GPU I'll stick with my Intel Core i770k - NVIDIA GEFORCE 1660 ti gaming x.
I think with Ryzen that reputation of AMD is changing. Ryzen seems to have gone that much popular that the people these days are ditching the Intel. So that's one reason the Intel is in fear these days that they may even lose the non gaming desktop market.

I think with Ryzen that reputation of AMD is changing. Ryzen seems to have gone that much popular that the people these days are ditching the Intel. So that's one reason the Intel is in fear these days that they may even lose the non gaming desktop market.

I honestly doubt they'll lose that market. I figure 65% PCs run on intel.

Instead of slashing prices, they should work on making more, there is some serious CPU shortages from Intel right now. A lot of stores don't have much PC stock thanks to that.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back