I recently learned about how hamsters die in bizarre ways after finding a subreddit.

makoyyy

Trophies
I have never had an interest in taking care of hamsters, and I recently found a place that shares stories about all the bizarre ways a hamster dies.

Dog What GIF

I literally didn't know what these creatures are capable of lmao. ?
reading these stories from r/hamsters_deaths
makes me laugh, sad, and both all at the same time... It's incredibly funny.

I also learned there's this joke urban legend now about how hamsters aren't supposed to die normally and peacefully from old age (around 2-4 years)

? A toast to all hamsters that R.I.P. to early. ?

also here's another reddit thread that has a lot of stories. ?

Mine died in a weird way, she was gone for like 3 weeks and then she randomly came out one day and we put her back in the cage (a very big one) and she immediately died

Mine died in a weird way, she was gone for like 3 weeks and then she randomly came out one day and we put her back in the cage (a very big one) and she immediately died
hah, then you should read this.
this hamster came back after 6 months.
then... surprise! ?

the comments are worth it to read too ?

The way mine died was rather strange, about 3 weeks had passed and one day she appeared out of nowhere, we put her back in her cage (a very large one) and she passed away immediately.

The way mine died was rather strange, about 3 weeks had passed and one day she appeared out of nowhere, we put her back in her cage (a very large one) and she passed away immediately.
uhhh, Why'd you just copy paste the comment above dude? ?

here's another bizare story, not about a hamster, bet a close rodent relative... a few gerbils.
I swear, I keep reading stories about them killing themselves or each other ??

The real reasons (not) hamsters are fated to leave this world is via magic 8ball. ??

Kids hamster died because he farted so close to it... (he thinks)
might've been the hamster got a heart attack because of the sound shock.? ???

so this hamster's demise is because it bit its owners hand, and then the kid accidentally flung it into the fireplace. ?

and somehow this it how I saw it in my head happening....
although I was thinking poor hamster, and poor kid.
87xL.gif

My hamster, Otto, died last year; he was on his spiny wheel and he ran so fast that it dislocated from the base thingy and he crashed into the walls of his cage

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back