How young is 'too young' for video games?

Alexander.

Trophies
What age for gaming is to be considered too young? Nine, six, three? What's the reason for your choice?

I think 8 is about a where a kid needs to be to play a game. Any younger and they might get confused. Also it's not good to let young children play violent games. When they turn about 14 you should let them play mature "M" rated games but any younger than 14 I'd say no on M rated and any younger than 8 they shouldn't be playing games at all in my opinion unless it's monitored by an adult and is a child based game. Kids are like sponges. You have to be careful so that when they get older they are good adults. At a stage that early you could be ruining their live and not know it.

I think this is a serious topic. These days parents give the kids mobile and other tablets. And they tend to make the choices pretty difficult for their own kids. I think that's what causes the kids to go in the wrong direction. Avoid giving them consoles and mobiles unless they perform at school.

I believe my parents said I was attempting to play the orginal Super Mario Bros on the NES when I was four, I may not have been doing it right but apparently I was having fun. So yeah, I say around 4-6 years old.

I believe my parents said I was attempting to play the orginal Super Mario Bros on the NES when I was four, I may not have been doing it right but apparently I was having fun. So yeah, I say around 4-6 years old.
I would agree with this. I was playing Mario and GTA around that age as well. Nothing wrong with playing at a young age as long as you aren't exposed to anything too bad.

If parents do their job and teach their kids how to tell fantasy from reality, there is no issue IMO.

There are series of amazing games that kids can play even at a very young age. Gaming, especially the educational ones for kids, can assist them in academics and quick thinking which is necessary for academic excellence. So, I don't see any thing wrong with kids playing games.

I think if parents themselves were addict to the gaming in their own time. I'd say it'd be bad for the kids to be raised with that mindset in that case. It's hard to tell them to limit the time they spend on the gaming.

Well, mind you, kids are horrible with taking care of games! Well, that may not be as much the case with Nintendo Switch. However, though, they can still put jelly in the system etc.. :eek:

O.K. do you guys feel kids can play with games unsupervised - considering the possible physical damage?

I think the current generation of parents are gamers themselves. So I can't trust them with the any form of game specific addictions and this also needs to change as well.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back