Discussion How will Resident Evil Village hold up in the Resident Evil series?

Broken Shotgun

Trophies
OK. This is my last RE thread on the Internet. After that, I am not making any more videos or threads about the franchise. Few people listen to us real fans anyway.

Anyway, I actually think about how RE8 will compete with the other games. Seems like this is just RE4 with a different camera perspective, and an even more boring main hero, who we never even see in full. Which kind of implies that a lot of assets will carry over into the eventual RE4 remake. Which in my opinion, is a cash grab product.

Ah, Capcom. We do notice these things. Huh? ;)

Oh, Lord. The original RE4 is highly overrated. It doesn't have a thing to do with the previous RE games. It's essentially a boring shooter that has creepy things, just so it's still a RE sequel. But it hardly feels like one at all. Not that it's a bad game on its own, generally speaking. But it's sad how Capcom didn't decisively end the primary Umbrella storyline in a more respectful way. Like having Leon returning is fine, but it was actually Chris and Jill who started the series. So they should have did a story that wrapped up the plot stuff concerning Umbrella being erased, more appropriately. But Capcom just got money hungry, or lazy, or just became flat out disinterested.

Also, they made the story in the games after 4 become so convoluted. Because I mean, every game just seems to have returning characters and all of these random outbreaks with little reason behind them, just so they can basically continue the series. But after they killed off Wesker in 2009, that was, man. It was the beginning of the end. Nowadays, it's like there's the B-Virus. The Mommy-Virus. The Grandma-Virus. The nonsense they make up today is just embarrassingly forced in. You can tell it's made up on the fly as well, just so people will get excited over nothing.

To me, this is just like an anthology type saga now. Vampires and an obese merchant? Like... no way! :(

RE6 is absolutely horse poop. RE7 ain't bad. But they screwed up Chris Redfield's face. And I still believe he was added in just to boost the sales, since he's the main protagonist in many of the older games. Now his face looks fine, but he has a bad voice actor. Like, come on. And every horny teenager out there just wants to simp for this vampire aristocrat.

Seriously. Whatever happened to caring about the actual legacy, longevity, or whatever it is? :)

Last edited:
It feels like just another survival horror game, this time with gothic aspects.

I get that RE was the first franchise to really do it all those years back, but they always had their own style. I am not feeling any kind of unique style from this RE. It feels like it could be any horror game downloaded from Steam.

Exactly.

They started to jump the shark with RE4 up to now. The games have been enjoyable, but in all honesty, there are better franchises now. RE has outstayed its welcome as the leader of survival horror. Capcom just goes with the trends now. ?

I never thought we would ever be fighting vampires. What next? Mummies? ?

Yes I agree with you RE was the first franchise to really do it and games are interesting but the surver is not.

Am I the only person who hates sales people being in the franchise? :p

Yeah, some other horror type games do have vendors who trade with you. But in RE, that just defeats the purpose of it being survival horror. Well, why worry about running out of supplies when some 9000 kilos prat from a potential Tim Burton story, can reimburse you afterwards?

RE4 had a merchant, while other games had a virtual shop. "The Duke" is now your go-to-guy in RE8. But that character borders more so on fantasy nonsense.

In the really old games, you actually had to find things yourself. Sure, Mr. X would drop stuff and Nemesis too. But they were the only enemies that really did that. Starting from RE4, Capcom went around poisoning this series by adding in absolutely ridiculous ideas. o_O

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back