Question How to get more subscribers on YouTube gaming channel?

GameCenter

Banned
Trophies
Hi friends, I've started a new YouTube gaming channel two weeks ago and I'm looking to get more subscribers. Kindly give me your valuable feedback so I can improve my channel.

My only advise is to keep creating content. It's the only way. I'd suggest looking at other videos to get some ideas from. Also, pick good catchy titles. Those are the first thing people read to see if they are interested in the video at all.

Hi friends, I've started a new YouTube gaming channel two weeks ago and I'm looking to get more subscribers. Kindly give me your valuable feedback so I can improve my channel.
Spreading it across forums helps. Collabing with youtubers bigger than you if you can also helps.

I wish I had people following me who aren't colossal morons. But anyway, the trick is to put out professional looking content. Great editing takes time, so if you don't know how to do that, it can prove difficult.

Quality content, and commentary in case if you are just streaming the gameplay. And another thing is don't do social manipulation like SJW people do. Know your boundary. Don't use your channel as some world judgement and being cool social justice warrior guy. Just use your content to educate people on game and move on. Too many social justice warriors on twitch and youtube, I don't bother subscribing.

Just start off by catering to one demographic of audience then branch off from there. It's all about having something which others want like anything else in the entertainment industry. If there is no demand for it then you wont get any real views or garner any attention for your work, regardless. For example:
  • Release a guide in a video game an make sure it gets attention. (Meoni)
  • Make a fan animation of an already established work an advertise it to the proper fan communities. (vivziepop)
  • An exclusive showcase at an Alpha/Beta product an tie it to a blog. (jessecox)
  • Make a remix of other youtubers and make sure it gets attention. (vanossgaming)
  • Explain the backstory of a character who's backstory isn't established in the main series an advertise it to the fandom. (Dan Exclaims!)
But you must remember to advertise the video through the proper channels. If it's a video about a product like Fornite then you'll want to advertise that video to the fornite community. whether that be through a discord or a subreddit or through the official forums, just make sure not to post it more then once in one place, otherwise it'll just end up being spam and people will be turned off by it really fast. When you see that you've obtained an average view count on your videos and have gone above at least 400 subs then you can stop advertising on the platforms you use too and just let yourself branch out naturally through your own social platforms an recommended feed.

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, as I don't know if this occurs with other channel owners as well. But I've had these morons subscribing to me just to deliberately "vote down" my videos. As childish and pointless as that is, there ARE indeed idiots that like to do that sort of shit simply to be awkward. I'm aware that this happens, because every single time a new upload or live broadcast goes up on my channel, I seldom ever get anybody leaving worthwhile comments, so in a manner of speaking, having a YouTube profile feels pointless anyway. It feels like I'm just talking to myself, but I keep noticing that people vote down my content. If it wasn't for the fact you have to sign in because of the age-restricted videos, or that I follow certain people I'm a fan of, I would not bother with YouTube anymore. When I call Michael Does Life on Skype, I've seen trolls saying things in the chat like, "This is gonna be a long call". How is it? I'm not on Skype to him for more than 5 minutes, because he knows not to let the calls drag on, because there's a queue. At least I have called in. The only reason I don't do it very often now is because he's currently discussing the console wars or certain games I'm probably not going to play, so those sort of discussions are not particularly interesting to me. I've still donated to his channel during his live streams.

Nobody cares about my rants either, because they're not professionally made videos. Personally, I don't see how somebody talking on a webcam, giving opinions during a gaming broadcast or in a video call is really any different from contributing well put together content, that is time consuming and requires talent to prepare. Honestly, I don't know how to do any of that stuff. To me, it's like Double Dutch. The same with creating thumbnails. But surely, all that matters is your resulting viewpoints, right? Well, I do know how to do tags, but then if you can only do C, but not A and B, why would people care about pointer C? Right? Such is the mentality of people in our modern day, technologically advanced society. ;)

I just receive more thumbs downs on every fucking video I add, which is nippy as hell. Unfortunately, people who choose to hide their subscriptions don't appear as subscribers to your channel at all. It seems YouTube does that to preserve the privacy of the users, but on the downside, all manner of sick people can follow you like the disturbed arseholes they clearly all are, and you don't know where their profiles are situated in that case. They could be child molesters, rapists, radge pots, serial killers. You name it. Blocking somebody just prevents them from posting remarks. They can still see when you're on the air, what your recent videos are, and vote them up or down, and so on and so forth. Plus, you'd be blocking these cunts forever more. They can never take a hint... and they'll keep coming back with multiple ID's anyhow.

I've been dealing with a creepy Australian nutter for going on 3 years, who has multiple pseudonyms on forums, YouTube, film databases, and acting related wikis. For example, he's on the Horror Film Wiki on Fandom right now, editing multiple pages, and changing his profession and location on a daily basis to things like Finland, Ireland, Thailand, and so on, plus saying he's a "submarine designer" to being a "Hollywood actress" to (insert fake job here), all for attention. Fortunately, that's all he's doing. He knows he cannot really do anything else like committing vandalism, because there's administrators on there that can undo that in a flash. He also tries to change his user name when I catch him out, but when he does that, you can still see the changes he made in his editing history, so getting a new name with the SAME darn account = stupid, son. Like, why fucking bother?

Weirdos are gonna be weird. However, he knows I know who he is now in real life. I don't think he'll try anything severe, now that he's aware of that fact. In fact, he's the reason I had to STOP posting my film projects on IMDb, YouTube, etc, while they're in the pre-production stage. I'm concerned that he had potentially contacted people about me before, such as this pastor who made a Christian film I had a small part in. I've had quite a hard time as it is getting any acting gigs in movies in recent years, because of the court crap I've been dealing with, plus having anxiety issues, and being slandered behind the scenes by other so-called professionals. It has really hindered my options for finding work. And guess what? COVID-19 also happened. It seems there's just no point to looking for any further film work! :cautious:

He's like a disease. A germ infested cockroach who just does this shit for amusement, just because he ran a crappy Capcom forum years ago, that he banned me on. The reason I know it's him, is because he posted a picture of himself and a dog on a forum 3 years ago, and I found a Twitter profile he uses that has a picture of a similar looking guy and dog, and I know that guy from the said Capcom site, which isn't a coincidence in my book. His greatest slip up was when he found out I was talking about Sylvester Stallone being an extra in some films. So due to that, he followed me to Wikipedia. Later on, I got an IP address from a New Zealand ISP called Spark (since he was caught being a menace on Wikipedia, and Wikipedia generally blocks just about every proxy there is, so he used a real IP address). Now, I'd say it took me all of 5 seconds to remember anybody I'd dealt with in prior years from either New Zealand or Australia previously, even though I don't think he'd communicated with me since 2006. My memory isn't that terrible, so he's pretty much the first Aussie that came to mind. :p

Had he been an American though, boy, that would have made my job more tough. But I guess Aussie and Kiwi stalkers are quite... niche. Is that the word? He hadn't spoken to me in years, but I've never really left the Resident Evil community, even though I'm meant to have retired like 3719 times by now. So he found me on Biohaze in the summer of 2017 when he was impersonating an admin from Rely on Horror on their forums. He referred to me as Grace Saunders, which is a name I've used on countless forums, which means he clearly knows me. Then after he got banned, he signed up multiple accounts, using images of people I know in his avatars. You See? Trolls often think they're smart and that they can get away with abusing others, but I've got a thick skin and something called a brain, so I've gotten wise to people's low tricks. ;)

Since that time, he's been on various other websites, particularly a dead relationship advice community that used to be known as loveforum.net, where he had been regularly spamming with dozens of aliases. And he got my friend's address too, and harassed him with takeaways and fake Gumtree ads. My mate doesn't even use message boards online, so I had to explain who it was and what his motivation is for being a nuisance. The police have been notified on a few occasions about this man's antics, so they know to contact the authorities in Australia if he does anything else.

YouTube in my opinion, was better when it was like 'the wild west' of the Internet. Now Google has all but ruined YouTube. You need 1000 subs to live stream on a mobile, so you're not going to make any money or really have much enjoyment from the site if you're a total beginner. What about people who have a small business, but not that big of a fan-base? Jesus Christ, you've really botched it up for them, Google. It's not YouTube anymore. It's basically YourTube, eh Google? :(

There isn't really a one-size-fits-all guide to getting subscribers on YouTube, but generally, a lot of the big YouTubers started off by picking a set schedule and did their best to stick to that schedule.
Try learning editing, too. You'd be amazed at how much of a fanbase boost you get from good editing.

Now Google has all but ruined YouTube. You need 1000 subs to live stream on a mobile, so you're not going to make any money or really have much enjoyment from the site if you're a total beginner. What about people who have a small business, but not that big of a fan-base? Jesus Christ, you've really botched it up for them, Google. It's not YouTube anymore. It's basically YourTube, eh Google?
The rule is made for a reason.

Imagine you upload a new video and another one copies it and adds to his channel and earns money monetizing it. In past a lot of small channels did that and made money and some even do it despite not yet getting copyright claims.

I am totally in favor of the rule of 1K subs and 10K watch time. It's totally reasonable for real creators.

The best thing to do is to keep making different videos. You can use social media to promote your YouTube channel as well. You can +improve this by taking part in discussions on Twitter as well where more people can see the name of your channel

It's hard going. But it's finding the perfect content that you do and then stick with that content-based. Doing gameplay episodes is to remember to be yourself and be who you are.

Upload every day and then post about that video everywhere even on DIscord hype. Use a very good eye-catching thumbnail and do to make your videos to long. End of the day most viewers will watch 30secs worth before closing the video and you have 30secs to impress them.

The rule is made for a reason.

Imagine you upload a new video and another one copies it and adds to his channel and earns money monetizing it. In past a lot of small channels did that and made money and some even do it despite not yet getting copyright claims.

I am totally in favor of the rule of 1K subs and 10K watch time. It's totally reasonable for real creators.

OK. But having to gain 1000 is a huge hurdle to climb. People who aren't amazing at content are screwed out of certain features. They cannot get that many subs without somehow cheating if they don't have the talent for YouTube to begin with. Even users with awesome editing talent I've seen, still only boast of 200 or so subs. It can take years and years to get that big of a following, whereas even 100 subs could have been more realistic. It's not for basic videos anymore. Unless you're content to have like 5 subs.

Michael Does Life has a few thousand subs, and Nemesis has over 5000. Me? I've got 8. Someone unsubscribed. I think 90% of my "subs" (I quoted that because they are insincere), are trolls.

End of the day, having subscribers just a great benefit with your channel. I do it for love and enjoyment and that's not. I'm not fussed about making money from it.

My channel has 130 subs with over 200 videos that are from 10mins to max of 1 hour. You are not the only person who makes videos and has low based subs and viewers and comments. Remember how many videos that get uploaded a minute and YouTube at times don't put your content in front of others. It's hard going but all you can do is keep on uploading

I've noticed too that talking about a current game or whatever, gets you more viewers. If you talk about something that's 3 months old, by then, it's already branded as "retro". :D

Apparently the kids these days like thumbnails with someone looking shocked.

If I upload a video and it's marked as unlisted, do subs still get notified that I've uploaded something? I'm not sure, because I don't think YouTube is up to much now with the flawed security. Well, I may stop uploading videos on YouTube with my current channel, and just get a new channel for donating to other people's live streams. I'm sick and tired of losers just subbing to vote down my videos. I've got a bunch of subs, all purposefully hidden, and all they do is sub to see when a new video goes online, just to "thumbs down" it.

Like I said in a prior post, all the videos about my acting career are going on a pay to view private channel where only established users will be informed in a PM, or at the very least, future videos will have to be password protected in some manner. It's the only way to weed out these persistent stalkers, like that 'Gimpy' idiot from Australia who is following me around the Internet. He's probably not the only person who does that either. In fact, I don't even add anything to IMDb and all that now due to his abuse. Not that I've been getting any jobs in the world of acting lately anyway. It's either a case of people talking shit about me so I get rejected, the COVID-19 crisis has screwed up the economy, or I cannot go to movie sets on my own.

Seems like a sheer waste of time when you combine all of this. And yeah, it was getting to be a waste of time even before the pandemic started.

• Content
  • Promote on social media
  • Content
  • Become an expert in your niche
  • Promote on forums
  • Content
  • Content
  • Speak with other streamers about collaboration
  • Content
  • Did I mention content?

Cover all the current major gaming events, even when Sony probably has bugger all worth watching at their State of Play shows! :D

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back