How This 41-Year-Old Anesthesiologist Spends Her $1.3M Income

Jedi

Trophies
I'm 41 years old, living in New Jersey. I work as a doctor and I make about $1.3 million a year through practicing medicine and other investments.

I have about $6 million in savings. One million in 401k, 350,000 in a Roth IRA, and $4.6 million in other investments, stocks, and bonds. After taxes my take-home is $75,833 a month. $2,600 a month goes to my mortgage, 600 on average on utilities, and $300 on monthly subscriptions. This includes a gym membership and medical subscriptions.

That leaves around $72,333 a month to spend.

I have no credit card debt and $80,000 in student loans. I still have about $80,000 in student loans and the reason I haven't paid it off is because it's at 1.25% interest and my very intelligent financial planner said, Why bother? I make more money investing that than I do having paid it off and not having that money as a lump sum in an investment portfolio.

In order to be where I am today, I went through 12 years of schooling. I have a medically related business, and then the money that I have saved up that has yielded investments are the result of my work.

Ooooooh, this was painful to read. God, how love to get even half of what she makes a year.

Also she should really knock out that debt, you never know when you might not be able to work or lose a job.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back