How many of you use a "free" VPN?

Do you use a free VPN?

• Whats a VPN?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 25, 2020
Does a VPN also hide your "user field agent" as well?
No using a VPN doesn't hide your "user agent". A VPN generally just masks your IP, leaving your user agent HTTP header untouched.

I guess you can get a user agent switcher software, or browser extension but I have not tested this. I recommend using brave browser, which by default blocks MOST browser fingerprinting by default. Not to mention, Brave just announced recently that they will be offering VPN and firewall services for a modest 10$ a month. Not only does this protect your browsing, but protects ALL traffic on your phone.

Tommy Walls

Jun 15, 2019
Some wankers elsewhere banned me. I got a different proxy. That's how I think they found out who I was, and there's that Gimpy loser. :p

Paladin

Hack The Planet!
Oct 21, 2019
I don't use free VPNs - the privacy risk is too great.
I prefer paid VPNs like Hotspot Shield more. They're great for unblocking those pesky region blocked websites.

Mar 25, 2020
Some wankers elsewhere banned me. I got a different proxy. That's how I think they found out who I was, and there's that Gimpy loser. :p
Remember, Proxies are a bit different than a VPN but pretty similair. Both connect you to another server and forward traffic from there, but a proxy is only capable of handling web traffic, where a VPN is able to handle your entire internet connection

Tommy Walls

Jun 15, 2019
Privacy online is definitely important. Because do you know that moron "Gimpy" goes on the Horror Film Wiki and edits every damn page I've ever interacted with, with prior aliases?

Creepy much?!

Some people on an autism forum are concerned he may be a fruitcake, after I described what he was doing on other forums over the last 3 years. And no, I don't mean the fruitcake with sultanas and cherries. But you know? An actual obsessive madman that cannot take a hint.