How does being a parent and gaming work out for you?

Knight of madness

Newcomer
Trophies
Iv always wondered if you are a parent how do you mange to game and be a parent. I have 2 kids which menasno gaming till there bed but it also means I don't get long to play

I don't have a partner or children. I'm not ready to have such commitments at 18.

Simple solution: Time restrictions. My suggestion is two hours maximum on weekdays and 4 hours tops for weekends.

Unplug the young persons platform after the limit has been reached. Hope this has helped you.

I don't have a partner or children. I'm not ready to have such commitments at 18.

Simple solution: Time restrictions. My suggestion is two hours maximum on weekdays and 4 hours tops for weekends.

Unplug the young persons platform after the limit has been reached. Hope this has helped you.
well i can spend 10 hours gaming...

That's simple, you both just need to play the same game or game in different rooms is all :p

but yeah, should I become a parent it could be hard to balance all that out.

If I were to be a parent. I'd give only one hour for the gaming and one hour for TV at the most. And more outside and the social time is to be considered there. So that's what I'd consider for proper social media time to the kids.

My daughter is now 5, I used to play video games from the time I got home from work until early hours of the morning before she was born.
She goes to bed around 7pm and has a bash on Disneyland Adventures and the wife is at work from 5pm until 10pm so I now get maybe 2-3 hours gaming a night when the footie is not on or catching up with TV programs.

I think kids do pay attention to what we do in front of them. And they tend to replicate our approach. And that's something we should be ignoring from what I have noticed.

I am planning to marry soon and I must confess that it is not easy thinking of how I can manage it with gaming. However, as a guy, I hope my wife will understand how much I love gaming and won't feel bad when I play for so long. Gaming keeps my mind active and strong for daily life activities.

I think marriage and the kids change the people. And they tend to reduce on the gaming. And in turn they also try to moderate how much time kids spend on the gaming and the computer. So one has to be practicing that with some sort of the self awareness.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back