How do you feel about cheat guides in video games?

Jayson

Trophies
Well, a lot of them are on YouTube or IGN forum. Nonetheless, I feel like they should be a last resort. Anyway, they ruin a lot of the fun. That's one reason.

I'm impartial to them! If people want to use them I have no gripe with that.

I use them occasionally, depending on what my goal is with the game I'm playing.

However, I don't give a crap what anyone else does in their game lol

I try and give games a full playthrough before resorting to a guide.. Unless I've been stuck for some considerable time.

A big problem is you get that "I should have thought of that!" - after you use the cheat guide. I've had that feeling before on Super Mario Galaxy. Anyway, I guess we all aren't geniuses! :sneaky:

I think it's something I would use if I had the option to run through the game again after a first play through? I think it's cool to go through the game and really enjoy it's full potential :p or even see how much you actually missed the first run through.

Personally, I feel a sense of accomplishment when I finish something all by myself. I actually hate it whenever I ask for hints or clues. But if I'm spending a lot of time already being stuck on the same stage and I know I'm already having a hard time trying to figure out how to move on to the next stage, then I use these hints or clues if available.

I used them in the past and I regret it.

I got banned from games, because of using them online ?

It depends. On one hand, I feel like cheat guides are okay as long as you don't rely on them all the time. I know the frustration of being stuck at a particular stage of a game for hours or even days so I totally get why people use them and I have used them too. On the other hand, if you want to enjoy a game to it's full potential after a first play through, let's say you want to collect all of the items or unlock all the rooms, etc- Then a cheat guide is a must.

I hate the gamers who cheat, I don't understand how they can play a game without having competition, is not fun at all to play a game knowing that you will win the game.

It really depends on the game, to be honest. Some games are quite difficult and frustrating for some players, and there's nothing wrong with reading up on a guide if you're a little lost. It'll get you back on track, and it'll keep the player from outright quitting just because they can't pass a level. On the hand, the trial and error is supposed to be part of a lot of games. Take Ghost Trick for example, where you get to learn something every time you don't quite manage to pass through the stage.

I use them some time because there is some games with levels that are almost impossible, but if you get use to it that could just ruin the fun especially if you use it in game that only have a dozen of levels, and a short story line, where the fun is in repeating the levels to get it done cuz each time you learn new stuff, I usually use it with GTA games once I finish all the missions and start fooling around.

Last edited:
You will not feel the essence of the game if you will cheat, besides from cheating you are just spoiling the adventure of the game when you watch it on Youtube. Even the hardest part of it, if I finish the game I felt self-fulfilled.

Honestly, if I've been stuck on a part of a game for a really long time, I'll look up how to do it online. I don't really care if people cheat or not. If they want to cheapen their experience of the game, then so be it. I don't think you're getting the full experience of the game if you're constantly looking up how to do things. However, sometimes cheats can bring an interesting element to the game. For example, The Sims games are arguably way more fun with cheats than without. But that's just my opinion ;)

I think that there are some instance that cheat guides are helpful especially if a particular game is very hard to deal with since we all know that games have some different levels of difficulties. Although I agree that it decreases the excitement whenever we are using some cheat guides but I don't see anything wrong about it as long as it is needed.

Well, I have nothing against them. To be honest, i sometimes use them. Haha. Especially if I'm already at my wits end. I always feel comforted of the fact that I have that choice, to search for cheats i mean and to not just give up. It is not really cheating I think. It is more like looking into others experience of the game and finding out how did they do it. It is really helpful.

I got to admit, I used to use cheats on games. I'm not patient of waiting until I get the enough points to level up or buy things. As a result, I get to be bored of that game very quickly. My girlfriend said I should not cheat because I will not get to enjoy the game. Well, I never cheated again.

I use them occasionally, depending on what my goal is with the game I'm playing.

However, I don't give a crap what anyone else does in their game lol
Totally. Some games have too many side quests or maps that are immense, and it's easy to miss important/cool things. I occasionally use them.

Well, I have nothing against them. To be honest, i sometimes use them. Haha. Especially if I'm already at my wits end. I always feel comforted of the fact that I have that choice, to search for cheats i mean and to not just give up. It is not really cheating I think. It is more like looking into others experience of the game and finding out how did they do it. It is really helpful.
Right! I mean, the real tragedy would be if they are not available and you find yourself at an impossible level. What would happen then? Quit the game? No, it's better to have that option, even if you don't use it all the time.

I got to admit, I used to use cheats on games. I'm not patient of waiting until I get the enough points to level up or buy things. As a result, I get to be bored of that game very quickly. My girlfriend said I should not cheat because I will not get to enjoy the game. Well, I never cheated again.
And did you enjoyed it more? Or was it the same?

i use cheat guides a lot of times especially in gta.haha. it is very helpful for me. and it makes the game a lot easier. but in some occasions cheat codes are not necessary at all. i just only use cheat codes in gta series.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back