How do you deal with your gaming backlog?

Alexander.

Trophies
I will appreciate reading how you handle your game backlog, honestly.

Overtime, I fell into the trap of buying every game that comes up especially when the fan base for such game is high. This continued and I noticed that most times, I ended up not playing a whole lot of them and that made me to stop buying or downloading all. I made a list and decided to analyze games from the list, try to play each downloaded before going to the next one. It has helped me see the ones that I don't enjoy much and also to fish out the ones that can't run on my PC.

How have you handled your game backlog? Will like to make further improvements.

Honestly, I don't keep a huge backlog of games as I always want to play every game that is on my mobile or PC. This is how I keep going and that has really made things look fine for me. Keeping older games make it take loads of space and it is not simply good for me.

Evil Within is a game I've had on my shelf since purchase ? but now got games pass which is now gonna add more to my list to play.

god damn, I think mine is like 30-40 games strong equaling to over 1000 hours. I need no life just to play them all.

However many games are there in your backlog as of today? What's the oldest game that your yet to play? If so, when will you get round to playing some of the older amusements?

I bury my head under the sand and kid myself that I'll eventually get around to them all.. :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, I probably had about 150+ Xbox 360 games, and perhaps half of those went unplayed when I made the decision to sell them. I'm making a similar mistake with the PS3 and PS4, although not to the same extent.. I seriously need to stop caring about completion % on my account, and just get some of my backlog started / played!

It's also a lack of free time that is building up such a backlog at the moment though.

I let it be. Some of the time I complete based on the weekend free time. I too have the issues with the lack of the time and work life balance issues. So I think I may consider small games first and keep the big games for weekends.

I bury my head under the sand and kid myself that I'll eventually get around to them all.. :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, I probably had about 150+ Xbox 360 games, and perhaps half of those went unplayed when I made the decision to sell them. I'm making a similar mistake with the PS3 and PS4, although not to the same extent.. I seriously need to stop caring about completion % on my account, and just get some of my backlog started / played!

It's also a lack of free time that is building up such a backlog at the moment though.

Lack of time can be a huge challenge to gamers as they grow older. I mean when we consider the responsibility that comes with being an adult and fixing a time to game, you'll realize that you have limited time left. I'm really not fazed by following every trend that comes up.

I let it be. Some of the time I complete based on the weekend free time. I too have the issues with the lack of the time and work life balance issues. So I think I may consider small games first and keep the big games for weekends.

That's a good plan as leaving the big games for weekend will mean having enough time to complete them. I have not had time during the weekdays to play the small games as I try to trim my list down to a sizable level of games that I would like to download.

Yes and the thing is that more backlog of big games means I can choose what to play and not to play and small games are already finished so backlog looks lot smaller. So that is one thing to watch out on the note of backlog.

I cry and then pray I will somehow get more time to play them all. Or at least stop releasing so many games that I want to play.

I have such a huge gaming backlog and I will more than likely still have a backlog in years to come as well. I have never managed to find a way to lower the backlog of games I have yet to play. A lot of the reason I feel I have that issue is probably the same reason many other people do, so many new games being released and a lot of games that are released being quite a grind when you play them. I would love to be able to get to the end of my backlog but I feel like that would take more time than I have.

For me saturday and sunday few hours are dedicated to clearing the backlog for the game. And it can be fun to do that every now and then if you ask me. This way I can refresh myself too.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back