How do you cope with game addiction?

Then from my observation, you have a good deal of control over your attachment to playing games. It's better that way because once it gets too much and turn to control you, then all hope is lost as things would get so bizarre.
yes it's better to control it because you might got sick after you spend to much on computer.

yes it's better to control it because you might got sick after you spend to much on computer.

Exactly! In as much as it's fun playing one's favorite video games, it's better done with caution than being careless in order to avoid getting into physical, emotional and mental or psychological problems.

This is so easy to say but hard to do. Some of us doesn't even realize it in order for them to get rid of it. I myself always keep in my mind that this is just a game and I don't need to take it seriously. I also stick with my reason why I am playing games and that is to have fun and release some stress.

Coping with game addiction is something that is not always easy. There are times that I always find myself playing one game or another even after I have vowed not to do so. I believe that planning on how to do the things you set out to do everyday helps rather.

Addiction is a very broad concept when it comes to pointing out all the areas it spilled in to. It's not just in playing games that someone can fall into serious addiction because there are far more other useless and less important things which one can get addicted to that never goes well at all.

I have had friends who were addicted to smoking and drinking so much and most of them ended up in the hospital and rehabilitation centers. It was a very bad experience for them and their families, so addiction is a very bad thing to get into.

Gaming addiction is capable of affecting someone mentally, emotionally and psychologically. It can leave one totally broken and thorn away from real life and more closer to fantasy.

The only way I contain addictive games is to never fall in love with such games. Prevention is better than cure.

Coping with game addiction is something that is not always easy. There are times that I always find myself playing one game or another even after I have vowed not to do so. I believe that planning on how to do the things you set out to do everyday helps rather.
Maybe it's not an addiction at all, and you're just having a fun with yourself? Ain't nothing wrong with it! :)

My current approach is to limit the gaming time. And make sure that I am spending not more than 2 hours. This way I make sure to only spend time when I don't get burn out. This is my approach and that seems to be working for me. I may consider addiction if I tend to look at the phone every 2 minutes and spend time there.

Maybe it's not an addiction at all, and you're just having a fun with yourself? Ain't nothing wrong with it! :)

When it's just catching fun, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it but when it goes beyond the fun thing, then everything is completely wrong with it.

First thing to do is you have to limit the interaction with the people who play games. Avoid social media purely for gaming. And then you should consider what can be done about your gameplay time. You have to remove those games and hide consoles if need be. That way you can control the addiction. This is what I have learned from the experience.

It's a bit difficult to stop addiction especially with playing games. It keeps on playing and running on our heads. ( Ha.Ha.Ha) Our mind controls everything. Discipline is always a best key factor to resist temptation. I also think it depends on a person if he has the realization on everything he do. Does it gives him a productivity growth or not?

Well. to be honest gaming as a form of entertainment should add some value in our lives. This could be in different forms such as learning something new and of value. However, time and again people fall, victims of unwarranted vices, especially when they get addicted to some games. I mean, shouldn't we be careful in what games to purchase and play?

Some games (Probably not in any intended way) have been labeled addictive such as Cytus II, Crossy road, Duet among others. Addiction to any game obviously renders the individual nonproductive and may negatively or even severely affect their own personal lives, family, and others. Can this community share some worthwhile ideas on how to balance between gaming, value addition and productivity especially for our children?

I never blame the product, but rather the user himself. One must have full control over his own actions...

Well, you see, I was a full time gamer once, but I got my priorities straight. I place my family and job first, and therefore automatically I rarely play games now. It all depends on the individual.

My current approach is to limit the gaming time. And make sure that I am spending not more than 2 hours. This way I make sure to only spend time when I don't get burn out. This is my approach and that seems to be working for me. I may consider addiction if I tend to look at the phone every 2 minutes and spend time there.

Personally, I don't need to be told not to play for too long because I will have no much spare time to get more gaming time. So, it's only when I get to finish my daily work, then I will play games.

The main problem I see with gamers is they never accept that they are addicted to gaming even though they are playing games for 5-6 hours in a day. Now, if you do something for 5-6 hours and it is not related to your job or education, that is certainly an addiction. In order to cope with addiction, you first have to understand that it is an addiction.

For me, video games are just a hobby.

I mean... Of course I've had my addiction season, but I've never really changed the real world into the fantasy world. We all have to find our limits before we get into trouble.

Personally, I don't need to be told not to play for too long because I will have no much spare time to get more gaming time. So, it's only when I get to finish my daily work, then I will play games.
The reason we are being told not to play long is same logic as we are being told not to drink too much. Because overdoing it is going to cause our body and mind to affect badly. In such case it's always better to control the addiction by external factors. That's what makes the gaming a bit different for each one of us.

Play your games with moderation and save yourself the stress of getting affected by it in a negative way and turn to blame the game when it's you who should be blamed.

I agree with the comments above. We should know how to determine what's real and what's not or what is appropriate and what is not. We take full control of our lives and so, we have to consider all the possible consequences of an action before doing it.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back