How do you cope with game addiction?

Well, that is very true, we do need to be careful whenever we are doing any kind of online activity including the activity of online gaming. The significant thing about online games is that some games can be very interesting and one can get addicted to them very easily. There are games which promote violence and depressive behavior and such games should be strictly avoided. It always better to keep everything in moderation and never overdo anything to avoid getting addicted.

I believe the user should have himself at hand and understand their limits before jumping into anything entertainment. because they are many harmful and addictive forms of entertainment. While some of these are addictive to certain people due to biological and environmental issues, they may not be addictive to other people.

People just need to learn a bit of self control and try to limit themselves to what they get into, take a break for a couple hours or maybe even a day or two.

I read a sad story though of a gaming addict. You may want to check it out here; I'm Addicted to Gaming and I Need Help | Game Quitters . Caution: Don't’ be addicted. Cultivate accountability partnerships and exercise a lot of caution. Addiction will not jump and grab you at once. It slips in slowly and quietly. Open up, share and cherish challenges on what games you play, when and why.

You never know when something that you start as fun and entertainment becomes an addiction. This kind of thing happens on all kinds of addiction from smoking, drinking to gaming, even drugs. Just like drugs, cigarettes and alcohol gaming may not harm you in the physical level, however, it is very harmful for your mental health if you are playing too much.

Most addicts do not even know they are addicted. Only people around them would recognize the signs and know that they have turned addicts. We just need to become more aware of the signs to look out for. Also, some people do not think gaming can become dangerous to their health, finances and personal lives

Hmmm if I want to learn something then I go Google it or watch a documentary. If I want to be entertained or just pass time then I play games. I don't believe it necessarily has to be intertwined all the time. I take solace in the fact that playing games stimulate the brain and leave it at that.

To a certain degree, I agree with you. But yet again, if the person is mentally strong no game will impact him.

Gaming addiction can be divided into two categories, a "hobby-addiction", or an excessive gaming due to lack of socializing options. Myself I had the 2nd option. My classmates preferred to drink and hang out in clubs.

Talking about addiction is important in this forum (since the main subject is video games)... But it is important to remember that not only the addiction in video games is bad, but any kind of addiction (even though it seems be something good).

Yes gaming addiction can be real. There are people who are suffering from the gaming addiction. And they tend to end up being violent and angry most of the time. You can see that it can be pretty hard to see that addiction can cause of more issues than anything. So better to take some steps and avoid getting addicted to gaming.

I have heard that there are some of the terrorist groups that make use of games to recruit new candidates. Some even communicate using the game messengers and discord. So it can be pretty serious. Not just based on addiction stand point. Overall the gaming is going more serious these days.

I have heard that there are some of the terrorist groups that make use of games to recruit new candidates. Some even communicate using the game messengers and discord. So it can be pretty serious. Not just based on addiction stand point. Overall the gaming is going more serious these days.
Wow, I had no idea that goes on. That is sort of terrifying and really shows we need to watch out backs.

Yes, we should be careful on what game we purchase and play. We should avoid games that are too violent. Research on human behavior has revealed that if you are exposed to good things, you do good, and if you are exposed to bad things, you do bad. That's why those who play violent games are very likely to go violent in real life.

Most addicts do not even know they are addicted. Only people around them would recognize the signs and know that they have turned addicts. We just need to become more aware of the signs to look out for. Also, some people do not think gaming can become dangerous to their health, finances and personal lives
That's true. An addict does not know about his addiction. This is true for all kinds of addiction, for alcohol addiction to drugs and gaming. However, there are some simple techniques to find out whether you are addicted or not. can you forget about the game for 2-3 days, if you cannot it is an addiction. Are you playing games for 5-6 hours and you still want to play, this is an addiction.

Wow, I had no idea that goes on. That is sort of terrifying and really shows we need to watch out backs.
Yes there were some attacks in the europe that were planned through video games messengers and the discord communities. They used to talk in haiku and the other poetry. So it can be pretty scary considering we think they are being good people. And in reality that does not seem to be the case from what I have seen.

I absolutely agree with you we should be careful with the types of games we buy most especially those we are getting for our children. Those games that show some forms of negative vices or characters in my views should be put away from kids.

Only way to help the addictive gamer is making him pay for his own things. This way he is forced to get real with his work and school and jobs. That is what worked out for many gamers to cut out on the addiction. I know it may not be easy for many gamers but something like this can be done and should be done.

Yes kids can be brainwashed and so do the adults. And it all needs the flow of thought that makes one comfortable. And another thing is that being careful requires some level of effort. I think on that note we have to be careful what people around you say and what you let those thoughts enter into you.

Addiction is phase when the person in question has no control over the subject of addiction. So Gaming addiction also falls into the same criteria. You can see that it can be pretty difficult if you are addicted to the games and have no clue about the ways to get out of it. Not everyone can do it that easily either.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back