How do you cope with game addiction?

What I do now is I allot a time or day for gaming only, like for example 4 hours on weekends is enough. Discipline is one good way for anything that needs attention or the things one want to change when its being serious. Yes, time management is very important as well. I make sure to remind myself every now and then that there are other things to be done at home rather than spending it sitting and.just playing.

Discipline is the key here. If you are not disciplined in life, you will be overtaken by many things, not just gaming. Indisciplined people fall for anything and get hooked on many habits. But if you take time to cultivate discipline, you will have solved most of these problems.

Gaming does not necessarily make you live in isolation or turn you into an antisocial person. It all comes down to your personality. Were you an outgoing person before you started gaming? Did you love spending time alone? Most gamers I interact with live very balanced lives and you would never know they are into gaming.

Sometimes I do go out but other time I like to keep to myself, not so much it being tied to gaming but because I just like being alone most of the times to think and enjoy myself.

It may seem like a silly question, but many people stop living from real life to plunge completely into a virtual reality. This is very worrying, because depending on the level of addiction, it can be a no-return path.

Each player lives in a particular world and not all of them should be taxed as equals. People are different and each of them has special motivations to do what they do or to get what they want.

So, society needs to learn to respect them!

I have seen many lives lost due to the gaming. And people need to be focused on the gaming experience in their life. Not all people can do the gaming every now and then and expect to have good life. Gaming consumes the time. And it can be pretty difficult for anyone to addicted and then get out of that addiction.

I have seen some of the offline groups where they help with addiction. I have managed to get some of the groups for the gaming and internet addiction. Those groups can be a good start for spending time with each other and learn from the experience. And expect ways to get out of it. And have some real life priority.

I can't quit completely. Because I make use of the gaming knowledge. And it can be fun to play games. I just have to find ways to adjust with the gaming and internet. And then decide if that is going to be a good option for me to work around this limitation. I guess I have to find support group for the addiction and work on my finances for now.

I think we have to limit the gaming and also learn to set the boundary. Because addictions can go out of hand. And we never realize where things could take us. I have seen that to be true in many cases. So far from my experience it seems like there is going to be chance that we may not cope with things well as well.

As with a lot of things, you should be careful to not get addicted to it. However, I don't think you have to be careful with what games you play to try and control yourself. Enjoy yourself and play the games that you like to play. Try not to get stressed and don't take gaming too seriously. If you think you are getting addicted, try and control the time you spend playing games.

I would try to simply focus on other things like reading or writing, if that doesn't work then going outside to get a bit of exercise and fresh air will help.

I suppose when you slowly lose track of time as well as grow tired but still keep playing. That and shirking off your responsibilities and eating.

I think the most obvious (and worrisome) signs are those that directly change our daily habits, such as sleeping well, feeding ourselves at the right times, doing physical exercises and working.

Well if you keep neglecting your duties and they mount up it's probably a sign that you play too much. I had that issue in school! :D

After my gaming session, I feel happy, relaxed and fresh, which means I am not playing games to the extreme level and I am not addicted to gaming. However, I have seen many game addicts and they become sick when they can not play games.

Most times, I would say that it's when the gamer doesn't have lots of daring responsibility to take care of that they have to give in too much time to game addiction. If you are occupied with something serious, you would find it hard to play games.

When I was new in the gaming I used to play full day and night. That was really disturbing my life. Then I set my routine and I'm more than happy now.

Addictive games tend to destroy a lot of things for those that are victim to such games. It's actually why I always try as much as possible to resist getting addicted to any particular game because I'm well aware of its devastating effects.

If always feel sleepy whenever I pick up the game to play, then it's an obvious sign that game and my mind don't synchronize well, so it would be a waste of time trying to play it.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back