How do you cope with game addiction?

Quitting an addiction is hard, no matter what it is that you're addicted to. If you find it impossible to restrain yourself, I think that you eventually have to delete the game entirely. I've read that it helps to do something you like to do every time you get the urge to play. For example, every time you feel like logging on to your favorite game, go for a walk or read a good book for a little while instead.

Well, i have been playing games for a long time now. I agree that there are some games which are very interesting and you dont feel like stopping to play them. However, if you make it a habit to restrict playing games for a fixed time every day, then you will be easily able to tackle this problem of getting addicted to games. Any form of addiction is never good for your health even if it is for a simple thing like playing games.

Seriously, I totally agree with you on this. Addiction is very bad, and if care isn't take might cause a big time trouble for you.

For me, I agree for some outdoor activity either with your family or friends, it's one way of getting out the stigma of playing. I tried it myself last year, and it did get work.

The only way to cope with a game addiction is doing things other than gaming. For example, instead of playing games, you can check social media sites or even video sites. If you find yourself going back to the game again, you can join friends and have a friendly chit chat.

For me, I just deleted if it is an app game in my mobile phone. To cope with addiction, you should not battle with it, you have to stop of it. And for me the beat to stop it is to delete it.

Great idea! Easy and correct answer. I consider this one as my last resort on coping up game addiction. Most of the time I think about my priorities and set up plans on what to do every other day.

Time has fixed my gaming addiction. As it seems, it wasn't an addiction at all. I simply liked the personality of my online friends more than those in IRL. Now I have a family and I'm happy. :)

In order to battle any addiction (not just gaming addiction) it is important to have a good support system. People who love you and know that you're struggling, so they can help you stand up when they notice you can't do it on your own. I personally know that I suck at giving myself time limits, I just straight up ignore them. So I tell my mom: "Listen, I need to get this task done, wash my hair, etc. So if it's 3:00pm and you see me playing, ask me to turn it off". That way if I ignore my own time limit, I know my mama won't. I need to remind myself sometimes that time management is everything!

The problem lies within the individual, not within the game. No attempt at beating 'addiction' can succeed until the individual accepts its existence. It is not the existence of video games, nor the content of games, but the person who chooses to play them.

The problem lies within the individual, not within the game. No attempt at beating 'addiction' can succeed until the individual accepts its existence. It is not the existence of video games, nor the content of games, but the person who chooses to play them.

Here's how you can cope with addiction, Don't get addicted, the term is really underestimated especially in the gaming world, the truth of it is far worst than most people think, it's not a simple attachment to a game or just spending too much time playing it, but it's a total lost of control over one self, no more free will to be precise, at this point you don't do it cause you like it, it's just a chemical imbalance in your brain.

Hello everyone ,I have been in the same situation ,I was playing a game on my phone for so long it consumed me , i knew that i must stop or at least not play for long but i couldn't ,i did the obvious and I deleted it.

Never get addicted to the game would be a great way to deal with the problem because if you are never addicted to it, you wouldn't have to worry about coping with the addiction.

Anything can be an addiction and any addiction is bad. For instance, I have seen book addicts. They always read books, they do not go outside, they do not have social interactions. they cut money for important things and buy books. This kind of book addiction is as bad as gaming addiction.

Anything can be an addiction and any addiction is bad. For instance, I have seen book addicts. They always read books, they do not go outside, they do not have social interactions. they cut money for important things and buy books. This kind of book addiction is as bad as gaming addiction.

This your assessment is completely true my friend. It's not just only games that one can be addicted to but just almost everything and when it's done in a bad manner, it becomes inimical to one's health. Moderation is the important key in anything one is getting into.

You just need the will to stop playing and get rid of the game. Deleting the game doesn't mean you can't reinstall it so engaging in activities with other people, family and friends, is really the best way to get rid of the addiction.

I think it all depends on the level of addiction. But basically, I try to prioritize my offline activities and remember that there is a real world out there. It's big, it's wild, full of good people / great opportunities and its's waiting for me to do something with my life.

I always taking a rest after a long hour of playing .. My method is to leave the PC and lay on the bed until i fall asleep .. I don't usually spend most of my day sitting infront of the computer and also do avoid being addict on the game i play,

I always taking a rest after a long hour of playing .. My method is to leave the PC and lay on the bed until i fall asleep .. I don't usually spend most of my day sitting infront of the computer and also do avoid being addict on the game i play,

Then from my observation, you have a good deal of control over your attachment to playing games. It's better that way because once it gets too much and turn to control you, then all hope is lost as things would get so bizarre.

This sure is very hard. For me, I let myself get busy with other things. But, when I realize that it's not good for my lifestyle anymore, just like the others, I delete the game. It could be hard to delete it, but you need courage and sense of reality that you have to do more important things than that.

This your assessment is completely true my friend. It's not just only games that one can be addicted to but just almost everything and when it's done in a bad manner, it becomes inimical to one's health. Moderation is the important key in anything one is getting into.
Any kind of addiction is bad for all of us, and when it comes to gaming, we should always play in moderation so that we don't get addicted. As an adult it might be easier for us to know when to stop, however, kids and teens cannot distinguish between the rights and the wrongs. Therefore, gaming when becomes an addiction, can completely destroy a kid and teen's life.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back