How do you cope with game addiction?

Heatman

Trophies
One effect that is very common with all games that are being played by gamers is addiction to such games especially when they are very interesting and intriguing as well as thrilling.

How do you cope with being addicted to a particular game?

For me, I just deleted if it is an app game in my mobile phone. To cope with addiction, you should not battle with it, you have to stop of it. And for me the beat to stop it is to delete it.

That
For me, I just deleted ifwheret is an app game in my mobile phone. To cope with addiction, you should not battle with it, you have to stop of it. And for me the beat to stop it is to delete it.
That's a simple yet correct answer. Also I suggest you go to places where there is no electricity like the mountains.

Been an addict ever since but I manage to slowly controlled it, knowing that playing games everyday hours upon hours would affect my work. I just managed my time well and if its still uncontrollable I would delete the game. When I say delete I mean delete it from my trash bin and associated hard disk drives (Internal and external) so that I would not be tempted to re-install it.

For me, I just deleted if it is an app game in my mobile phone. To cope with addiction, you should not battle with it, you have to stop of it. And for me the beat to stop it is to delete it.

Nice idea. But do you think one who is too addicted to the so called game would be stopped from downloading the game again?

I have had similar experience with one game as I kept downloading and deleting all the time.

If I notice a certain addiction to a game I stop playing the game and I delete it forever, after that I play another game or I work online on my sites to get paid, I prefer to spend hours on the Internet and get paid rather than losing hours on playing only one game.

If I notice a certain addiction to a game I stop playing the game and I delete it forever, after that I play another game or I work online on my sites to get paid, I prefer to spend hours on the Internet and get paid rather than losing hours on playing only one game.

Do you know that deleting the game doesn't stop me from playing it again because it would still tempt me to go download it again which I always do.

Addiction is very bad in my opinion.

Sometimes it is really hard to cope with the addiction of playing games especially if it is very interesting to us, I had been fighting before some gaming addiction in my mobile phone before because I have nothing to do after fulfilling my offline work in my boarding house which leads me to keep playing every now and then until my mobile phone get drained its battery. It gives me some headache since I always get lack of sleep because of gaming addiction and I am really thankful that because of online jobs I am not anymore addicted in playing some games since I usually do it now in a very rare manner whenever I feel bored to work online.

Sometimes it is really hard to cope with the addiction of playing games especially if it is very interesting to us, I had been fighting before some gaming addiction in my mobile phone before because I have nothing to do after fulfilling my offline work in my boarding house which leads me to keep playing every now and then until my mobile phone get drained its battery. It gives me some headache since I always get lack of sleep because of gaming addiction and I am really thankful that because of online jobs I am not anymore addicted in playing some games since I usually do it now in a very rare manner whenever I feel bored to work online.

True, this is one of the ways which I find very helpful when it comes to coping with game addiction. You have to look for another thing to commit yourself to in order to be able to forget the game. If not just deleting the game wouldn't be enough.

True, this is one of the ways which I find very helpful when it comes to coping with game addiction. You have to look for another thing to commit yourself to in order to be able to forget the game. If not just deleting the game wouldn't be enough.
Deleting a particular game is not that much helpful not unless we find some other best alternatives or things that would make us more busy or motivated to do a certain tasks so that we can easily forget the gaming addiction. I know that it will takes a longer period of time to do it but if we are really dedicated and positive about it I guess nothing is impossible.

Deleting a particular game is not that much helpful not unless we find some other best alternatives or things that would make us more busy or motivated to do a certain tasks so that we can easily forget the gaming addiction. I know that it will takes a longer period of time to do it but if we are really dedicated and positive about it I guess nothing is impossible.

Exactly my opinion. Some people would say it's to delete the game from your device but nothing stops the person from downloading it all over again since he or she loved the game. If you find another thing to replace the game, it's the only way to get ride of being addicted to it.

Well I try to keep myself busy with other things. I try to watch movies or read eBooks.

Well I try to keep myself busy with other things. I try to watch movies or read eBooks.

Movies are great distraction as long as the movies are interesting and very entertaining. It can very easily take one's mind off the game playing for the time being. I think that I have used this technique once or twice in the past.

I always try to gauge myself when it comes to game addiction. When it is already consuming too much time and energy, I try to drop it by focusing on other tasks at hand. I try to make myself busy with other things to keep my mind of the game. One time I even deleted the actual game I was addicted on. This technique totally worked for me.

I always try to gauge myself when it comes to game addiction. When it is already consuming too much time and energy, I try to drop it by focusing on other tasks at hand. I try to make myself busy with other things to keep my mind of the game. One time I even deleted the actual game I was addicted on. This technique totally worked for me.

Well, in my opinion, the best way to stopping one from falling into the depths of gaming addiction would be to not get addicted to playing the game in the first place.

Well, i have been playing games for a long time now. I agree that there are some games which are very interesting and you dont feel like stopping to play them. However, if you make it a habit to restrict playing games for a fixed time every day, then you will be easily able to tackle this problem of getting addicted to games. Any form of addiction is never good for your health even if it is for a simple thing like playing games.

When I am addicted to a game I try to track how much time I am spending on the game, and I try cutting down if I find myself spending a lot of time on the game. Also, I try to make myself busy throughout the day to forget about the game. I go out with my friends or go to the gym to workout.

Been an addict ever since but I manage to slowly controlled it, knowing that playing games everyday hours upon hours would affect my work. I just managed my time well and if its still uncontrollable I would delete the game. When I say delete I mean delete it from my trash bin and associated hard disk drives (Internal and external) so that I would not be tempted to re-install it.
You are correct. Time management is really necessary. There should be balance with work and play.

I just let myself enjoy it because I find it difficult to find something that interests me, and usually when a game gets really hard, repetitive or uninteresting I have no problems letting it go, and come back sometimes and get addicted to it again. Sure it affects my work, my sleep and my health at some point but if force myself to quit it'll just frustrate and irritate me.

That

That's a simple yet correct answer. Also I suggest you go to places where there is no electricity like the mountains.
I agree with this. Outdoor activities are also good to do.

I just let myself enjoy it because I find it difficult to find something that interests me, and usually when a game gets really hard, repetitive or uninteresting I have no problems letting it go, and come back sometimes and get addicted to it again. Sure it affects my work, my sleep and my health at some point but if force myself to quit it'll just frustrate and irritate me.
That might be a bad experience. That's why our parents are always strict to us then when we talk about gadgets.

You are correct. Time management is really necessary. There should be balance with work and play.
Definitely. Equality is the key for everything.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back