How did you find us?

How did you find JoyFreak?

• Search engine (Google, Yahoo, Bing)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • From another website (please list in the comments)

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Word of mouth

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Other?

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
I can't remember the exact discussion and from whom, but it was through Twitter about a month ago. I bookmarked the site and started lurking, but didn't sign up until recently.

I just searched for games forums. Used to be a regular on another but left. Also post on the IGN forum (mainly the PC section) but most of the posters are from the US (which means very few active when I'm on) and also not a great deal of activity (although this place doesn't seem much more active).

There was somebody over on Gab gaming pushing really hard. I forget who it was without looking, and they may or may not have the same name here as there.

But, yeah, I checked it out, was leery and skeptical, but decided to give it a go. Worst that can happen is I get booted, and that an oh well to me.

EDIT: I went back to look for myself, to see if they do use the same name, and it seems they have erased all their Gab posts and replies, or got purged, because I can't find them now.

Last edited:
Jesus came to me in a vision and told me to join.

Long time GAF/NeoGAFer, but gave up foruming around the time of Gamergate (just coincidental, I didn't even know that was going on at the time). Randomly saw that the NeoGAF group I was on on PSN had changed to ResetERA. Reddit wasn't quenching my internet convo thirst to I checked out ResetERA and found out why it was founded (and frankly, was sympathetic). Within the span of 6 months I got two bans for really weird things (like, I said I didn't think the squid characters in Splatoon were supposed to represent races). Gave up foruming again after the second one. About a year and a half later I thought I'd give it another shot. Tried NeoGAF again, but found it problematic. Went back on ResetERA, but got a permaban for criticising China's human rights violations within a month. Found JF listed on some link in the ResetERAinaction subreddit. Thought I'd give it a shot.

Long time GAF/NeoGAFer, but gave up foruming around the time of Gamergate (just coincidental, I didn't even know that was going on at the time). Randomly saw that the NeoGAF group I was on on PSN had changed to ResetERA. Reddit wasn't quenching my internet convo thirst to I checked out ResetERA and found out why it was founded (and frankly, was sympathetic). Within the span of 6 months I got two bans for really weird things (like, I said I didn't think the squid characters in Splatoon were supposed to represent races). Gave up foruming again after the second one. About a year and a half later I thought I'd give it another shot. Tried NeoGAF again, but found it problematic. Went back on ResetERA, but got a permaban for criticising China's human rights violations within a month. Found JF listed on some link in the ResetERAinaction subreddit. Thought I'd give it a shot.
WELCOME!

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back