How credible is an an electoral body?

tpicks

Newcomer
Trophies
How credible is an electoral body to conduct free and fair polls if it announces postponement of an election on the very day the election was scheduled to hold.
My submission that amounts to gross inefficiency. They ought to know if logistics aren't completed at least two days to the election.

Sometimes the credibility of the electoral body to an individual is based on the results of the election. If the results favored them or the politician that they are supporting, then the electoral body is credible for them. But if the results were not favorable for them, they will surely question the credibility of the electoral body.

All over the world, electoral bodies are viewed with lots of suspicions. Partly, this is due to the high stakes involved in elections. You see, we have made elections a " winner takes it all" events. In such circumstances, people invest so much into campaigning and every politician and their followers believe no one else can beat them. In addition, every politician is suspects that the electoral body is working for their rival. As a result, any setback caused by the electoral body is likely to be seen as suspicious.

All over the world, electoral bodies are viewed with lots of suspicions. Partly, this is due to the high stakes involved in elections. You see, we have made elections a " winner takes it all" events. In such circumstances, people invest so much into campaigning and every politician and their followers believe no one else can beat them. In addition, every politician is suspects that the electoral body is working for their rival. As a result, any setback caused by the electoral body is likely to be seen as suspicious.
That's more reason I strongly think electoral bodies should be totally independent. By this I mean the incumbent government should not meddle or have a say on their organogram especially when elections are imminent.

The credibility of the electoral body is always suspicious because the government nowadays is full of corruption. During the election, everyone promises good for the benefits of the public and tells how good they are as a person but to think that they are politicians it's really hard to believe.

That's more reason I strongly think electoral bodies should be totally independent. By this I mean the incumbent government should not meddle or have a say on their organogram especially when elections are imminent.

The problem is that there is no real way to measure and authenticate whether an electoral body is independent or not. Even in highly developed countries, there is always a possibility that the government in power might meddle directly or indirectly. On the other hand, there is always a possibility of politicians seeking to discredit the electoral body by insinuating that it is compromised.

Electoral bodies are based on population in said given area. So while it might not seem credible to some, it has it's ups and downs. If a competitor wins a state then yes it is winner takes all and I can see how that might have some effects on how someone sees it's credibility but the way it works is more-so logistically correct because if you counted each vote and only went on votes then you wouldn't be able to up-scale or down-scale the way people view politics in each area of the country. People in different regions have different views on politics. So it works well to give each state based on the population a said number of votes for each victory the campaign runner might have.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back