News How Capcom's Dead Rising Studio Fell Apart

Tek

Trophies
Today on Game History Secrets we talk about the secret history behind how Capcom's Dead Rising studio fell apart. Dead Rising 3, Dead Rising 4 and Dead Rising 5 all had troubled developments that ultimately led to the closure of Capcom Vancouver. Troubles at the studio also contributed to the cancellation of at least 7 other games including new Dino Crisis and Onimusha games, as well as a side-scrolling title using the Mega Man IP.

Liam Robertson is a video game researcher and archiver. In his spare time, Liam creates videos and articles for various outlets, and will also be contributing to the Did You Know Gaming channel.

A good coverage on how the studio fell apart. I am wondering if there is more or laid back approach from the studio regarding the story and the game development. A lot of times that is what keeps the games from being able to generate a good revenue as well.

A good coverage on how the studio fell apart. I am wondering if there is more or laid back approach from the studio regarding the story and the game development. A lot of times that is what keeps the games from being able to generate a good revenue as well.
I think part of the charm of Dead Rising is it's not a serious game, so I don't think a gritty reboot was a wise decision.

I think part of the charm of Dead Rising is it's not a serious game, so I don't think a gritty reboot was a wise decision.
That is the issue with the survival games. Unless you have some strong story, rebooting it is just a fan service. And in reality it may not bring much revenue from the new gamers. And that part often many studios and even the known game development companies ignore.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back