News Hitman 3 trilogy file size reduced to 100GB, includes updated graphics on previous games

XXX

Trophies
hitman-3-halo-jump-580x334.jpg

It looks like Hitman 3 is going to optimise memory usage for the stealth game trilogy, and retroactively improve the previous two instalments. A developer from IO Interactive has commented that the upcoming game will turn IO’s work on Agent 47 into a neat little package.

In a thread on ResetEra, a verified member of the IO Interactive team discussed some technical details on the action-adventure game. Perhaps the most pertinent piece of information is that Hitman 3 will reduce the combined file size of the trilogy to 100GB, or thereabouts. “We have managed to get the size of the game down significantly. All three games with all content will take up around 100GB,” the developer writes, explaining further: “Biggest wins are because of data management and file structures and how we deliver the game so we could remove duplicate data. We also use newer and better compression for textures – that helps too.”

100 that's how crazy the system works. Shoot me a follow. I gotta article to bring to you too. I'm working on one as we speak.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back