Hill: Pelosi tells reporter she doesn't need a lecture on Biden, Kavanaugh comparison

Tek

Trophies
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) told a reporter that she doesn't "need a lecture or a speech" comparing the treatment of sexual assault allegations against former Vice President Joe Biden and Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Washington Examiner reporter Kerry Picket asked Pelosi at a press conference how "Democrats square with the idea that they're essentially standing by Biden but used a comparatively different standard with Justice Kavanaugh when you demanded an investigation against Kavanaugh when a similar allegation came out against him."

“I respect your question, and I don’t need a lecture or a speech,” Pelosi responded.

“I have a complete respect for the whole 'MeToo' movement,” she added. “I have four daughters and one son. And there's a lot of excitement around the idea that women will be heard and be able to be listened to."

“There is also due process, and the fact that Joe Biden is Joe Biden,” the Speaker later added. “There's been statements from his campaign — not his campaign but his former employees who ran his offices and the rest, that there was never any record of this, there was never any record, and that nobody ever came forward or nobody came forward to say something about it apart from the principle involved.”

The comments come after Pelosi told CNN earlier Thursday that she was "satisfied with how [Biden] has responded."

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back