Question Looking to start gaming again...

Ekrs

Banned
Trophies
hey guys and gals,
i need your help, opinions and expertises. I have stopped playing video games about 12/13 years ago and i haven't played since. just following news ...
i would like to start again but i'm afraid that i kinda forgot how to so i would like your advice in with what game should i start with again to regain my, you know .... and with what console too? i already have my old ps3 except i don't know if it works or not ... i used to play god of war, devil may cry and assassin's creed so .... ??

Why not join our gaming group and make some friends to mess around with?

Join our new group called "The Dragnar Clan". It’s a new gaming clan for those looking for a fun group to talk to and mess around with! What games do we play? Whatever you/we want! If you need a lobby ask a clan leader or me the clan head! Welcoming all applications! Please PM me!

Required
Name/Tag:
Top 5 games:
Little fact about you:
Time zone:
Extra
Life story?:

I'd say test out the ps3 and if it works you're in luck for bargains in second hand ? it's still my console of choice and the range of games you can get in the cheap are insane. Aside from the obvious god if war and dmc, you have access to the we Platinum greats like bayonetta and vanquish, the orange box and portal 2 are a great combo too for both portals. It should still be relatively easy to find cult classics like the collosus/ico hd collection and naturally dark souls and demons souls.

The ps3 had awesome goty collection discs for games like dragon age origins ( with awakening and all dlc) and fallout new vegas.

If you can find a copy of nier/mirror's edge/ child of eden/binary domain/mass effect 2(comes with all dlc)/skyrim legendary edition doubt even hesitate.

As for cross gen games on ps3, I found it very enjoyable to play Wolfenstein new order, alien isolation, evil within, mgs 5...

I'm sorry this can go on forever...

Tl:dr if you have a working ps3 and feel the loss of psn, the second hand market has your back?

If you have the funds for it, it may be worthwhile getting one of the newer consoles. The difference between the PS3 and one of the new-gen consoles will be massive and you will love gaming on them

Since you haven't played in a long time, perhaps you should take a budget-focused approach in case it ends up it still isn't something you end up being into. So, I'd say try to get your hands on a Xbox Series S - it's the digital-only budget system (no disc drive, lesser specs) of the incoming new consoles, though it will still play games at much faster speeds and much better image quality than existing consoles. It's only $299.

Then you can try Microsoft's subscription-based game service Game Pass. It offers a pretty breathtaking selection of games for $9.99 a month, or $14.99 for Game Pass Ultimate which also includes access to online multiplayer (Xbox Live!) as well as a selection of games for the PC. Game Pass even includes new releases from Microsoft and their various first-party studios. Think of Game Pass like Netflix for gaming.

This way if gaming doesn't click with you, you can cancel your Game Pass subscription and sell the Xbox Series S.

Another budget option, though more expensive, would be the PlayStation 5 Digital edition, which will be $399. It likewise lacks a disc drive, but it's significantly more powerful than the Xbox Series S (hence it being more expensive). While Sony doesn't offer a subscription service persay, they will be offering a large collection of games if you subscribe to their PlayStation+ online service - for $9.99 / month. You'll get a "free" PlayStation 5 game each month as well as this list of games (named the PlayStation Plus Game Collection) - which includes many stellar Sony exclusives from the current generation, as well as some third party titles:

From Worldwide Studios:
  • Bloodborne
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • God of War
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Until Dawn
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
From third-party publishers and developers:
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Battlefield 1
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Zombies Chronicles Edition
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
  • Monster Hunter: World
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Persona 5
  • Resident Evil 7 biohazard

Personally, I'd take the risk on the PlayStation 5 digital. Those are some amazing games, and if you end up enjoying gaming again, PlayStation tends to own on the exclusive games front between the two consoles - in regards to overall quality of the games, the number and frequency of their releases, and the diversity in genres.

I'll recommend FIFA 21 to you if you like football simulation video games.

In comparison to the past 4 FIFA, this is a BIG improvement. Enhanced crossing. Intelligent defending. The movement of players seems SO much smoother. The unfortunate thing is EA will do what they always do each and every year, and getting fifa coins is hard....If they actually left this game in this state I for one would be quite happy! Although gk are pretty useless this FIFA as they have been very OP the past couple of years. But it certainly makes it more fun, great job this year EA....don't throw silly patches at it!!

I can't stop playing FIFA 21, hope you'll like it.

Last edited:
hey guys and gals,
i need your help, opinions and expertises. I have stopped playing video games about 12/13 years ago and i haven't played since. just following news ...
i would like to start again but i'm afraid that i kinda forgot how to so i would like your advice in with what game should i start with again to regain my, you know .... and with what console too? i already have my old ps3 except i don't know if it works or not ... i used to play god of war, devil may cry and assassin's creed so .... ??

If you liked Assassin's Creed, God of War and Devil May Cry then I recommend:
  • Darksiders saga
  • Bayonetta
  • Bloodborne
  • Lords of the Fallen
  • Monster Hunter World
  • CodeVein
  • Hellblade
And, of course, the new GoW, DMC5 and AC Vhalalla

Just my 2 cent

Oh wow there are tons of games for you. First off welcome back to gaming. There have been a TON of Assassin’s Creed titles over the years, all varying in locales and time periods, most recently set in the Viking timeline. Well worth jumping back on that series. There have been several God Of War titles as well, along with Devil May Cry. If you want God Of War it would be best to stick with PlayStation because it is exclusive to that platform.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back