PC Headphones or Speakers?

marteebe

When you’re gaming on your PC we of course need a nice dose of sound going on. Whether that’s adding atmosphere to the game through spooky soundtracks or it’s a necessary sound like hearing footsteps when you’re playing PUBG or CS:GO for example. When you’re playing, are you a person who likes to have a pair of headphones to hand or do you employ the services of some speakers instead?

Myself, I have a pair of Razer Kraken Pro 7.1 and a 5.1 Logitech Speaker System so I tend to swap between the two depending on what I’m doing.

Nova

I think speaker was my thing back when I wanted to openly play the games with all sounds and other similar experience. But these days I prefer to listen to things on my own personally. Be it TV or even the netflix or games. I prefer to have the headphones on. And this way I can listen to many things without much of an interruption.

OP
OP
marteebe

marteebe

I think speaker was my thing back when I wanted to openly play the games with all sounds and other similar experience. But these days I prefer to listen to things on my own personally. Be it TV or even the netflix or games. I prefer to have the headphones on. And this way I can listen to many things without much of an interruption.
Yeah no I can totally get down with that - I usually play on my PC whilst my fiance watches whatever she wants on the main TV and obviously having footsteps and gunshots blasting out a speaker probably wouldn't do wonders for our relationship haha. At least with my headphones I'm able to just do what I want and listen to what I want in 'my own space' so to speak.

Nova

My current favorite is seinheisser MX series. They seem to have quality old fashioned headphones which are good for on ear headphones. Unfortunately it does not have the MIC. It is not cheap though but for the price paid, I think it's reasonable and also the quality of the brand is obviously lot better overall.