Have your gaming skills proven useful in your career?

KainengTrader

Trophies
Hi everyone!

So, have you ever felt that skills you gained from gaming were useful in your job?

I'm an okay StarCraft player and work in project management, where I need to do a lot of coordination of different teams and stakeholders.

I feel playing StarCraft has actually helped me at that. To process information quickly, focus on different teams, adapt quickly.

Wondering if anyone had similar experiences they want to share?

To be honest, my day job career and gaming has no connection. I am more of supervisor in one of the place. And cosidering the place has lost some people. I am currently doing their work along with mine. So game skills are often not useful in every place to be honest.

Not really, I mostly work retail for the moment, besides some random knowledge playing games has served me little success.

Depends on what your job is! If you are a real-life pilot then doing flight sims and not to mention the new flight sim 2020 then, YES, It's real life and you can get experiences from it.

I love flying and I do P3D, and it's made for training pilots in real life.

I am not sure I have been able to utilize any skills from gaming in the real world as I prefer to game as a route for escapism. In fact, I think gaming for me has been counter-productive to my career if I was to take it literally. This is because in my job I need to be calm and patient... I used to play games such as FIFA too much which would make me feel very angry and stressed.

I work in an office. I've not needed to use my crafting ability of a scissors and two rolls of duct tape yet.

Playing does help me get my frustration out though. I'm more tolerable if I'm also playing. I like to do things not watch it, if you know what I mean.

Depends on what your job is! If you are a real-life pilot then doing flight sims and not to mention the new flight sim 2020 then, YES, It's real life and you can get experiences from it.

I love flying and I do P3D, and it's made for training pilots in real life.
I would love to try playing those type of games. I need to invest in a good PC.

I would love to try playing those type of games. I need to invest in a good PC.
People always still call it a game and in fact, it's not. LOL

FLight sims with addons listed as high as I can do take some power of hardware to run. However the Classic FSX game doesn't :)

A specific game? Not so much, but gaming in general had helped in my career. I work with a lot of adolescents and because of this, gaming has helped to make them feel more comfortable because they see that as being on their level. They're generally shocked when they talk about a game and I tell them I've played it. So, yeah, it's helped.

Not really. Maybe playing games has helped me improve my reaction times but the majority of games that I play, I'm not going to gain any valuable skills.

as a PC gamer you tend to naturally go through a lot of your own troubleshooting for various issues, and I think that helped me get into the IT field.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back