Have you ever thought about being a game developer?

Nova

Trophies
Many people among us know how to code. And they are capable of making the small games. But often it is harder to get job as a developer. So many of them remain freelancer. So they often don't reach the dreams of their choice. And that may be one issue for those who are into such type of the games. I am not sure though, but based on what I have seen, game development can be a good lifestyle. Have you ever thought about being a game developer?

I have never contemplated becoming a game developer. I do not know how to code. I never tried to learn how to code as this never attracted me. If I had interest, I would have certainly tried.

Yes, this has already crossed my mind. I came to take a quick course on this, but I soon discovered that I don't have as much patience for such a complicated and crazy area, haha! But, it's a very nice profession, I guess.

I have never contemplated becoming a game developer. I do not know how to code. I never tried to learn how to code as this never attracted me. If I had interest, I would have certainly tried.
There are plenty of good youtube tutorials you can check out for the programming. Like say learn Go language Tutorials on youtube. So there seems to be a lot of good options out there.

Yes, this has already crossed my mind. I came to take a quick course on this, but I soon discovered that I don't have as much patience for such a complicated and crazy area, haha! But, it's a very nice profession, I guess.
Lot of courses on Udemy and youtube. It just takes some time to learn all of those skills. And it can get better from there onwards. I guess for each one of us that can be pretty hard to work around with.

Many times but never seriously enough that I thought about it as a career. I've always wanted to make my own games, especially after I found out about Club Penguin and loved it when I was younger. I used to sketch different ideas for areas and characters but I just never had enough knowledge to actually go ahead and make the games. I did try using Scratch once but as most know, it isn't the best for serious gaming projects no matter how simple your ideas are.

I also think of it not a career anymore considering I already have a job. I am thinking of moving towards into freelance gamer. Like making games when I have time. Otherwise I don't see much interest in getting into the game development. Because it consumes more time than the game playing it self. So on that note it'd be interesting to see how many want to be that type of developer.

No. I've never considered becoming a game developer. I do not know how to code and learning would invole lots of my time and money.

I think any body once he plays enough games will have that thought about being a developer, it's like watching a bunch of action movies to the point of wanting to be a CIA agent hhh, but honestly I seriously thought about it sincerely once, cuz a close cousin of mine is a freelancer in the field and I had the opportunity of creating a persona with him it was so much fun, as for the programming part, that is the painful part of it, I work with html every once and then but I've never really tried any other language.

I have thought about it and actually, I don't think I can really create one. I don't know how to create a game in general. But, I have concepts that's been running around in my mind.

No. I have not think about it because I am not good in coding. I don't even understand the concept of programming. I give importance on games rather than the technical side of it. I can write reviews or observation but not to the point of becoming a game developer. I believe it takes a lot of creativity and passion in pursuing that field.

I understand that a lot of people have no idea on coding. But it can be pretty interesting for those who are interested in making money by developing the games. Though earning money on playstore and iOS would be different beast in learning curve. But it can be done from what I have seen so far.

I did! And it's a hard work I must tell you! Currently I'm doing a mod and it's already bloody hard. Cant imagine what is it like to create a game from scratch.

I actually thought about being a developer when I was first going to college but then grew out of it when I found of difficult and complicated it could be and went toward writing.

I have thought about it and actually, I don't think I can really create one. I don't know how to create a game in general. But, I have concepts that's been running around in my mind.
You can actually. It's not that hard. If you use gamemaker type apps. Then yes it is possible to create games. But adding more levels and how much complexity you want. That kind of make things lot different in the due process though.

There are plenty of good youtube tutorials you can check out for the programming. Like say learn Go language Tutorials on youtube. So there seems to be a lot of good options out there.

Lot of courses on Udemy and youtube. It just takes some time to learn all of those skills. And it can get better from there onwards. I guess for each one of us that can be pretty hard to work around with.
I have checked Udemy and Alison. There are a lot of courses in game development. Udemy course costs a lot of money, however, during promotional even you can get a course for as little as $10. However, Alison is a free site. You can enroll for any course for free.

I have definitely thought about this but was very quick to quash it because I'm very sure of it that I lack the ability to or expertise to excel in such field. There are area I'm very good at but being a game developer isn't among such skills.

It seems like a growing trend at the moment and I don't see anything wrong with taking up such a profession since gaming is very lucrative in the world today. It's actually growing so fast that I don't see any other leisure moving as fast as it does.

Have I ever thought of it? Yes. Have I tried it? Yes. Did I make it? That's a big no. My coding knowledge is limited to HTML, JSS, Java and CSS. I tried to learn other coding languages but to no avail. I'm trying to go through some PDFs and YouTube tutorials on how to go about developing games. I'm not pursuing any computer- related course so it's harder for me to grasp the coding languages.

I have checked Udemy and Alison. There are a lot of courses in game development. Udemy course costs a lot of money, however, during promotional even you can get a course for as little as $10. However, Alison is a free site. You can enroll for any course for free.
I'd recommend youtube for gaming tutorials. Most of the content in there is good. And it can teach you a lot of things. For example game development engin named Godot has some good tutorials in the youtube. I'd say that some of the good gaming engines can be fun to try out if you are serious into this.

I also think of it not a career anymore considering I already have a job. I am thinking of moving towards into freelance gamer. Like making games when I have time. Otherwise I don't see much interest in getting into the game development. Because it consumes more time than the game playing it self. So on that note it'd be interesting to see how many want to be that type of developer.

Mhm I hope I will be doing the same, making a game as a hobby or reverse engineering, after I finish my degree!

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back