Have you sold any of your video games?

Shine_Spirit

Trophies
I'm very attached to my collections, but I already had to get rid of some games (but only on special occasions).

The reason? Well... "Basically" to be able to raise money and be able to buy new games, haha! This was at that time I had not worked and depended on my parents to feed my "addiction", haha!

Nope. Haven't tried it but I want to. The reason i cant sell it is that i used my main account in all of my games, and my main account have important things linked to it. It's kind of sad though.

I have never sold any of my games, however, I have made money by renting my games. Since I love playing games that I have purchased, I have never considered selling my games.

I have not sold any games since I don't buy any games. I download free games or play on my friends facilities. It would be a nice idea to sell your collection but sometimes only a few will buy it. Since most of the users are into new releases. However, you might consider it for rental just like @egghead idea for a favorable fee. So, other people can use it or try your old collection games.

I am yet to sell any of my games as I feel too attached to them. Selling them is like selling household pieces that have served me for years. As a result, I am keeping all of them around. Occasionally, I turn around and give them a good play just to remind them that they mean a lot to me.

I have never sold any of my games and I never will. I didn't buy them to profit from them, I bought them to enjoy playing them and to enjoy keeping them in my collection of games.

I think I did quite a few times. We used to barter videogames back in childhood as if it was some currency. :)

I have never sold my games and I can't see myself ever selling any of my games. But it's not because I like them and want to keep them. With a lot of games, after I get bored of them or don't want to play them, the resale value just isn't worth it really. For example, I wanted to get rid of Far Cry 5 because I hated the game. But I would be getting around £7 for it. Is it really worth selling it when I bought it for around £40? I might as well just keep it and give it to someone for free.

I actually sold a bunch of my old PS2 games and gamecube games in the past, only got around $25 for over a dozen of them.

Yes, I have sold a lot of old games. If I haven't played a game for a long time, (like months or even years), then I try to sell them online. Sometimes it takes a while to sell, but generally I have good luck selling them. Then I use the money to put toward new games, and so I feel less guilty when I make that purchase. ;) I have given away a lot of games as well to second hand stores, the ones that I feel are too outdated to sell. I only hope that they ended up being played and adored by others, as they once did for me.

I have never sold any of my games and I never will. I didn't buy them to profit from them, I bought them to enjoy playing them and to enjoy keeping them in my collection of games.
That's what I believe. We buy games for enjoyment and as long as we are enjoying the game why should be barter for money. However, I think renting your game once in a while and recovering the investment on your game can be a good strategy to earn money so that you can buy another game.

I have never sold any of my games, however, I have made money by renting my games. Since I love playing games that I have purchased, I have never considered selling my games.

I did this on more than one occasion during my college years in the school. I had to rent out my Playstation 1 several times for a few bucks especially to some good friends of mine.

No, I haven't sold any of the games I used to play or have yet. I'm not sure if I'm going to do that although I have seen lots use games being sold on ebay but I'm never going to join such band of old game sellers. I still go back to my old games whenever I feel like getting some old memories back.

I did this on more than one occasion during my college years in the school. I had to rent out my Playstation 1 several times for a few bucks especially to some good friends of mine.
I used to rent games so that I could make some money to buy another game. Since I am also a game collector, I do not sell my games.

I used to rent games so that I could make some money to buy another game. Since I am also a game collector, I do not sell my games.

It's one of the good ways of making money as gamer. If you have assorted games, it's best to make the most of them by renting them out, make more money and buy more games to rent as well again. This is a good strategy.

It's one of the good ways of making money as gamer. If you have assorted games, it's best to make the most of them by renting them out, make more money and buy more games to rent as well again. This is a good strategy.

I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it's a good idea just like you have mentioned that it's a good making money strategy when it comes to gaming. So, I'm most likely going to be copying it.

Yes, I have when I sold my Xbox 360. A retailer known as CeX or alternatively known as WeBuy is where I sold the games. Video games aren't worth much second hand and only got a few pennies, if that.

I think at some point I may have to consider selling some of the games. Because of the way things are going out and around. It'd be not so worth the keeping physical media in near future. Everything going digital will destroy that market for sure.

I've sold lots of games. Seeing as everything is now digital, I've stopped. Still buying tho! :)

I've sold games that I know I will no longer play, but I still have plenty in my collection that I hope to one day replay.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back